Canadian PR - US GC

Udupi

Registered Users (C)
I am Canadian PR, Indian Citizen, staying in Windsor, working in Detroit on H1B and commuting daily for work. My question is Can I process US GC while I am commuting daily across the border ? How US GC processing is different while commuting across the border daily, from staying in US and processing ?

Thanks
Udupi

Originally posted by Udupi
I am Canadian PR, Indian Citizen, staying in Windsor, working in Detroit on H1B and commuting daily for work. My question is Can I process US GC while I am commuting daily across the border ? How US GC processing is different while commuting across the border daily, from staying in US and processing ?

Thanks
Udupi

Yes you can process your gc while staying in Canada. The only difference is that a person who is resident in the US has the option of going in either for the 485 or consular processing in the final stage. For you you could only do CP as there is no question of AOS.

If you see the time lines CP is much much better than 485.

Good Luck.

1 Employer should file the LC for you
2 when LC approved your employer should fileI-140 with CP option

Ginnu - Pls advice

Myself and my wife filled for canadian PR and got approved. We had baby born in USA, we did not add her to the PR process.

1. Will there be any issue because we did not add her
2. Since she is US citizen she can travel to Canada without any visa. Will there be any issue if we take her with us for landing process.

Please advice.

Even though your baby is a US citizen , he still needs to be sponsored for PR , As a USC he cannot stay more than 6 months in canada