Canadian PR points from 67 to 75?

zakiahmed

Registered Users (C)
I've heard from a lawyer that Canadian Permanenty Residence points are changing from 67 to 75 by end of december. Is this correct?

I was planning to file my PR for canada after completing all the requirements (like getting PCC from Pakistan, giving IELTS etc). But if that's the case, is it ok if I put my application through without these documents and send these documents as soon as I get them?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Hi Zakiahmed,

This is one of the tricks that some consultants and lawyers have used in the past to fool people into submitting their application as soon as possible. The lawyer is only interested in your money.

First of all no one knows for sure if there is going to be any changes in the current point system. I seriously doubt that the points are going to be increased.

What the lawyer did not tell you is that there is no lock-in date in Canadian immigration. According to the current laws an applicant has to qualify at the time the application is submitted as well as when the visa is issued.

My suggestion is to submit a well prepared application. You can submit your application initially without the IELTS score by writing an english proficiency letter. This way your application will get in queue. You can submit your IELTS score later on when you get it.

I agree with Kenny's thought... the lawyer is only interested in your money. If at all points were increasing, alot of web sites would have that information already and so would the official CIC website.

Anyone should be able to apply C-PR without help of the attorney... It is very simple and straight forward..

THere are lot of good people and inputs you can get it from this forum if you have questions or inputs for filling up the application..

Good Luck

zakiahmed said:
I've heard from a lawyer that Canadian Permanenty Residence points are changing from 67 to 75 by end of december. Is this correct?

I was planning to file my PR for canada after completing all the requirements (like getting PCC from Pakistan, giving IELTS etc). But if that's the case, is it ok if I put my application through without these documents and send these documents as soon as I get them?

Please advise.

Thanks,

I have several of my friends work in canadian consulate in Washington DC. Nobody knows when they do what, but there is a hint that, they will actually increase the number of immigration to canada in coming years. But there will be some changes favoring students in canada, or people who has resided in canada for certain period of time already. Also, they are trying to work on a regional provision program where you can migrate with the condition that you would live in certain part of canada with permanent address atleast for 3 years time.

Nothing sure, but i think the changes are coming soon. I am also planning to apply and not sure what to do. but i think Kenny is right, you shoudnt make it hurry.