canadian PR - After US GC

gcoct2002

Registered Users (C)
Could anyone advice me on how to abandon my Canadian PR since my US Gc is approved. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mail CIC a letter or a fax with your file number informing them to abandon your PR application process. If you have already paid your RPRF fee, it will be refunded (ofcourse not if your application is already approved and you landed in canada)

hi kingosu

RPRF will be refunded if your application is approved and you havent landed in Canada.
This fee is the landing fee and so if you couldnt land before the immigrant visa expiration date, this fee will be refunded.

Why cant we maintain both Canada and US PR at the same time?
you can work in Canada for 2 out of 5 years,visit US in every 6 months to maintain US PR status, and then when you complete 2 years in Canada you can stay in US for another 3 years and after that start work in Canada for 2 years and go on with the same cycle process.

Any one has any comments on this?
Can we do this or not?

yes .
I think you are right. one can do this.

Once you complete 2 out of 5 years in Canada you have completed PR obligation and then you can stay out of Canada for 3 years.
But you should keep visiting Canada every 6 months.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply.

If I abandon the process do they keep record of my application. Will I have any issue if I want to apply after some time.

I have already crossed my 30 days time limit to send my passport, so my application automatically gets rejected?

I too have the same issue. Our US GC just got approved 15 days ago and we finished PP stamping yesterday. However, 1 month ago our Canadian PR application also moved, and we got interview waiver. CIC has asked us to proceed for medicals and pay landing fee.

We have decided to abandon Canadian PR and not go for medicals or pay landing fee. Do we have to write a letter to CIC stating this?

Thanks!

Yes

Just put your file number with all application details and say you are wanting to abandon the process for Canadian GC and they should go ahead and refund your landing fee (assuming you have paid that ) and keep a copy of this letter for your future records