Canadian Permanent Residence travel document expiration

shs2

My Canadian Permanent Residence travel document is getting expired in Dec of 2009.

It was approved last yr but was only given the extension until end of this yr since my old passport is getting expired.

I got the new Indian passport (since I am the citizen of India) now & need to extend my Canadian Permanent Residence again before it gets expired this yr end.

I am currently working in US, so I am wondering if:

I can extend it at any Canadian Consulate in US (say Buffalo) or do I need to cross the border from US into Canada (say Toronto) in order to renew it?

Also, how soon should I extend/renew it if it's getting expired in this Dec.?

Thanks in advance for all your help,

My Canadian Permanent Residence travel document is getting expired in Dec of 2009.

It was approved last yr but was only given the extension until end of this yr since my old passport is getting expired.

I got the new Indian passport (since I am the citizen of India) now & need to extend my Canadian Permanent Residence again before it gets expired this yr end.

I am currently working in US, so I am wondering if:

I can extend it at any Canadian Consulate in US (say Buffalo) or do I need to cross the border from US into Canada (say Toronto) in order to renew it?

Also, how soon should I extend/renew it if it's getting expired in this Dec.?

Thanks in advance for all your help,
Do you mean your PR Card is going to expire in Dec, 2009? They send PR card for 5 year validity I don’t know why you got PR card till your Passport expiry.
FYI the PR Card and Travel document are different. If one Lost PR card out of Canada and has valid status in Canada and one needs to take a flight for Canada then one can request for Travel document from Canada consulate.
If you want to apply for PR card or want to renew PR card then you can do it only if you are in Canada.