Canadian Permanent Residence and USA Permanent Residence

Kami12

Registered Users (C)
Good Evening to Everybody!

I would very much appreciate, if some of you please clarify my following doubts:

I am an H1 visa holder and in USA. I am planning to apply for permanent residence to Canada and USA (Labor certification) at the same time. Is there any problem (denial etc. on labor certification), if it is known that I have also applied for permanent residence to Canada?

I feel many of you here might have applied simultaneously or at different time PR to Canad and USA. Would you please tell your experience in this regard?

Thanks in advance!

Kamini

Would some of you please reply?

I would very much appreciate, if some of you please clarifiy me. I know many of you here are very much experienced with immigration process.

Thanks,

Kamini

Kami12

No there are no issues for applying for PR from both countries.
Here are some additional comments

1) Once you get Canada PR and complete landing you can come back and stay in USA for max 3 yrs. At that time (Landing + 3yrs) if you do not go back and settle permanantly in Canada you will loose Canada PR even if by then your USGC has still not come through.

2) If you have US green card and Canada PR and they know about it, they will give you 6 months to decide which one to keep and which to give up. No problems until your passport is stamped with USGC
Take care

Federal/Provincial category

Hello TexanCanadian,

I ask you another question. Could you please tell me in what category, Federal/Provincial, one should apply? I am a little confused. I feel most of the people apply for Federal category. Am I correct?

I would very much appreciate your input. Thanks in advance!

Kamini

Would some of you please clarify me?

Nobody has answered my question. I would appreciate if some of you clarify my doubt. I understand this question may be a novice for many of you. However, I am not sure, and that is the reason I am asking.

Thanks,

Kamini

Federal if qualified

Kamini,
Most people apply for Federal.
If you do not have enough points for Federal only then should you think of provincial route.
Now a days with only 67 pts many ppl can qualify for federal. If they raise the bar to 75 or 80 (and they can do it anytime) then provincial may be attractive to those who dont qualify for fed.
Thanks and best regards.

For some of the provincial programs you need some sort of employer support and you are strongly encouraged (if not limited) to settle in that province. With the 'skilled worker' federal category you are not limited, even if you had an employment offer to boost your points.

TexanCanadian & Hadron, Thank You

Thank you very much! You people are really great. My total point is 72. Now, I will start to fill in the form.

Once again thank you very much.

Kamini

This issue was already discussed in depth.

This issue was already discussed in depth.

Please refer past postings. Good Luck.