Canadian passport renewal from United States

Junoon123

Registered Users (C)
Hello all, i am in the US on a TN and i have to renew my canadian passport.
From the website it seems like i have to do the following
1) send my canadian passport
2) fill out the application
3) sign by gaurantor
4) 2 pics
5) ? it asks me for one of the following 4 documents
Certificate of Canadian citizenship
Certificate of Naturalization in Canada
Certificate of Retention of Canadian citizenship
Certificate of Registration of Birth Abroad

Is Record of landing the same as Naturalization?
Can someone please answer, if anyone has been through this can they please explain me the process in case i am missing anything?
Thank You

A recently expired Canadian Passport is enough for renewal, you don't need to send proof of Canadian Citizenship as it is only required for first time issuance.

Thank You for your prompt response, i will call the passport office on Monday to see exactly what they want.
This is from their website
"Canadians wishing to apply for a passport should be aware that, unless they are applying for a passport through the Simplified Renewal Application Process*, passport applications should be submitted with proof of citizenship. If an application is submitted without proof of citizenship it will not be processed and the passport application fee will not be refunded."

After looking at your post i think i might be applying through simplified renewal application process....
So per your response (still to check with passport office in canada)
The following item will be needed
1) current passport
2) Two passport size pictures
3) Form PPTC054 (Adult simplified renewal passport application)
4) Form PPTC 140 Gaurantor
5) Fees in Canadian $ only? (do credit card or personal check of Canadian bank account work?

Thank You once again i was really worried but after your post i seem less worried
Thanks once again
MO

4) Form PPTC 140 Gaurantor
5) Fees in Canadian $ only? (do credit card or personal check of Canadian bank account work?

If you read the simplified form carefully, you will notice that no guarantor is needed and there is a section for your credit card information.

Correct badboy00 i just checked it asks for references on page 2.
In order to fill out the simplified process the passport should be 5 years old mine is 4 years and 10 months am i ok to send it back. I will call the passport office though but every time i call its a busy ring.

Thanks for the help everyone.