Canadian Landing and post April 1 rules with H4

dundas

Registered Users (C)
My wife has just received her Canadian Landing papers. She is here in the US on an H4. We also just changed her status from TD (she had a TD visa issued in Toronto a year ago) to H4. She got a new I-94 which was attached to the bottom of the I-797 (Feb 5/02 - Feb 4/05). We now want to complete her Canadian landing and also get her H4 visa at the US consulate in Toronto. We have an interview date for the H4 visa now. Can anyone suggest any problems with our plan? Is it likely she will have any trouble re-entering the US under these circumstances (post April 1 rules with our without new visa)? Will Canadian immigration mind her fresh H4 I-94?

I-94, h1 and h4 are all for US immigration.

You can land in Canada if you have the papers. But if they find your intentions of coming back to USA, then they might ask you more questions. As far as US is concerned, if you are canadian landed immigrant then all you need to show is the I-797 papers at the border to enter USA. And moreover there is no appts for landed immigrants to go to the US consulate.
  There is one catch though if you stay without H4 stamping in USA, you should always enter and exit US via Canada, if you fly directly from the outside canada to USA, they will not let you in without a stamping or a valid visa. The advantages of not stamping, the candian immigration will not ask about the fresh stamping when you re enter canada. The I-94 is only for the US immigration, if you show your I-94 to the canadian immigration, then they will ask you more questions about your going back to USA.

Hope this helps

No Title

1. your wife has just recieved LP for Canada, she is in USA on H4, if she has earlier H4 Visa Sicket in her passport She can get it Revalided in US, now the revalidation takes 6-8 weeks and can postpone landing if you have enough time for Landing.

2. If you have Interview For 4 Visa in Toronto then if they Stamp her H4 visa then No problem But if they dont Stamp, I see a Problem Because April 1 Law clearly states that one should have US Visa Sticker in Passport to Enter US.

If she is denied H4, I hope she can Enter as a Landed PR of Canada but in the past, entry of recently landed immigrants to US has also been refused, because one has not established enough ties to Canada, but in your wife case she can inform INS that she is just entring to collect the stuf back fron US , I do not know how they will interpreate this all depends on INS officer.

3 What was this TD visa ? your wife had to convert in to H4. I do not know about TD visa

4 Canadian Immigration has nothing to do with her fresh US H4 visa or I-94.

Please post your experince for others ofter landing and you Landing Exp for Others.
Good Luck!!

TD visa and upcoming landing

A TD visa is issued to a dependent of someone with TN status (NAFTA). It is like an H4. My wife will be landing in 6 weeks and we will post our experience here.