Canadian Landed Immigrant, H4 stamping Questions.

nukeclear

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

I am from Pakistan living in US. I have received my Canadian immigrant visa last week. I am plannning to land in Toronto in late Jan/05. I'm also planning to make a visa appointment at the US Consulate to get H4 visa stamped as I need to come back to US to take care of few things. I have few questions regarding H4 and will appreciate any comments:

1. Any idea how long is it taking to get interview? And how long do they take to issuse visa after the interview?
2. I have heard it's taking more than a month to make a visa appointment in Toronto. If this is true, can I make a visa appointment at any other Consulate? The website on which we make visa appointments states that "Residents in Canada must apply in their own consular district". Would I be considered a resident living in Canada eventhough I would have recently landed there, only to get the landing formalities done and have H4 stamped?
3. Are there any US Consulates in Canada accepting walk-in appointments?
4. Do I need any letter from my wife's company? My wife is on H1.
5. Is it a good idea to wait and receive tax documents for my wife (W2 for 2004) before I go to interview?

If anyone of you have recently received H4 visa in Canada, please share your thoughts.

Regards.