Canadian Husband

jericho

I have been dating a Canadian for 4 years now. I already have a house very close to the border and don't want to move. He has a great job in BC and don't want to leave it. My house is only about 30 minutes from his job, is it ok for him to come into the us and stay with me at night after work if he has his own residence in BC? He basically wants to stay with me when he's not working. Does he need to immigrate? or would marriage change that? I'm not willing to live in Canada and his job is too good to give up.

That means you want him to live in the US and commute to work every day. That is not allowed. As a Canadian citizen, he is allowed to visit the US, not live in US. He needs to immigrate in order to live in the US. Yes, the marriage would change that if you are a US citizen. You need to sponsor him for Green Card (after getting married to him) and he will be able to live with you (and commute to Canada to work).

I have been dating a Canadian for 4 years now. I already have a house very close to the border and don't want to move. He has a great job in BC and don't want to leave it. My house is only about 30 minutes from his job, is it ok for him to come into the us and stay with me at night after work if he has his own residence in BC? He basically wants to stay with me when he's not working. Does he need to immigrate? or would marriage change that? I'm not willing to live in Canada and his job is too good to give up.

Get him a green card and ask him to commute daily to Canada for work.

He basically wants to stay with me when he's not working. Does he need to immigrate? or would marriage change that? I'm not willing to live in Canada and his job is too good to give up.

What if the spouse is US immigrant and not Citizen . I am in a similar boat . someone suggested that canadian spouse can stay in US for 6mths durations and commute back and forth, not declaring marriage . Once US immigrant spouse get citizenship he/she can sponsor canadian spouse. but during the sponsorhip duration canadian spouse might not be able to stay in US . Another alternative will be to stay in US on F1 . Not sure . Look forward to what others might suggest