Canadian GC Landing with AP for re-entry?

gaoln

Registered Users (C)
Hi Gurus,

My I-485 is pending in TSC for Name Check, and I plan to land in Canada for Cabadian GC soon and re-enter to US with my AP. As there will be a Canadian Immigration Stamp in my Passport, could that be a problem for my re-entry and the pending I-485? For Canadian border, no visa is required and a H1 approval notice is enough, is that right? Please share, if you have any experience. Thanks.

Bill
--------------------------
EB1
I-485 RD 07/26/2006
Pending for name check.

Usually if you try to re-enter the US on a TN Visa and the border officer finds out that you have a case pending in USCIS, you may be denied entry. Why are you not using your I131 for re-entry?

Re-enter US after Canada landing

Thank you for response. Plan to use my H1 approval notice to re enter the us border in Detroit. Do I really need AP? any problem for my pending I-485? Thanks. :confused:

Bill is landing in Canada for PR ie for canadian PR. He will not re-enter US on TN Visa as it is for Canadian ctz. He will enter US on his AP which is valid for his US travel.
I understand you will not have problem in reentering US on AP as per some of the posts in this web site - See Landing in Canada in Canada immigration.
You will have a stamp on your possport while landing in Canada.
If you are Indian Citz and holds a valid H1B along valid I94, and travel is less than certain days you can keep I94 for US/Canada visit - I do not remember the limitation but search on canada immigration foram.

{OH}