Canadian dentist seeking immigration to US

PearlGirl

I am a Canadian dentist who passed Part I & Part II National Dental Board Exam. I also passed my NERB (North East Regional Board Exam) about 2 years ago. The NERB is valid for 5 years.

I have some Canadian colleagues working in the US. I don't have very much information from them other than learning that Canadian dentists have an easier time seeking sponsorship through community clinics or corporate chain clinics. Knowing what I learned through my colleagues, these clinics are only good in the interim...they are not clinics in which most want to remain for the rest of their careers.

From the limited knowledge I have acquired so far, it seems practically impossible to find a private office in which the owner will sponsor a Canadian dentist for the TN professional visa. Is this as difficult as it seems?

I heard that Canadian dentists can immigrate with an "investor's visa" - if they agree to hire American employees. I do not have the financial means to purchase my own clinic yet and was wondering if there was a way to get business loans. Would a Canadian bank lend me money to purchase a clinic in the U.S?

I was told by my colleagues that you have to build US credit for at least one year in order to be approved for a house mortgage. Would a US bank give me a business loan if I have built credit?

Also, I have a master's degree and was wondering if that could give me an edge if I wanted to work in academia part time. Is there such a thing as universities sponsoring Canadian professors for their visas?

I realize that I should consult an immigration lawyer to obtain further details but I came across this website and was curious about what type of responses I would get (if any).

I would really appreciate some tips on this because I feel disheartened by the discouraging news I hear from colleagues. I want to work in a private office one day. I don't want to be limited to community clinics and corporate clinics for the entirety of my career.

Thanks, in advance.

I would like to add that I spent one year in the US for my G.P.R (general practice residency). I don't know if that makes a difference.

Also, my master's degree is in "Dental Sciences". I have 3 Canadian university degrees - B.Sc, M.Sc, D.M.D. I have been told by many that a master's degree can help me get a foot in the door for academic institutions.

I want to work in Massachusetts.

Urgent

Send a Private message for a suitable private Dental office sponsership if you are eligible.

I would like to add that I spent one year in the US for my G.P.R (general practice residency). I don't know if that makes a difference.

Also, my master's degree is in "Dental Sciences". I have 3 Canadian university degrees - B.Sc, M.Sc, D.M.D. I have been told by many that a master's degree can help me get a foot in the door for academic institutions.

I want to work in Massachusetts.