Canadian citizen on h4 stuck in India

mj66

Sorry I posted this in h1b forum. I just want some more opinions and advice so posting again.

I am a canadian citizen who got h4 last year at border. Before I was in TD. In feb 2020 I came to india as mom was ill. I got stuck here because of covid-19. My husband and kid are in USA. My problem now is on my passport I dont have h4 visa like how indian citizens get. All I have is stamp with h4 issue date and expiry date. Now with trumps eo am I allowed to travel back to USA with just that stamp. I dont have anything else to show other than my husband i797, employment letter, marrigae certificate. I am very scared if air india will even allow me travel. I am worried the immigration officer will stop me as dont have valid visa. I know canadians doesnt get visa but its going to be hard to convince the officers in India.

Please help.

If you're Canadian, you're not affected by the recent EO, there's internal memo in CBP but public clarification should come out soon per .

Additionally, what criteria does the immigration agent in India use to assess whether you can enter US? It's not their responsibility. Airline agents will check timatic for entry requirement and your Canadian passport alone will be enough, as no visa is required and you have a valid status.

Your problem lies more with the country lockdown and lack of flights, not the recent EO h1b ban. Although do check to ensure you're not covered under other recent travel bans (like transiting through EU as that'll automatically put you in the ban for 14 days)

Thank you so much jixca. I was so upset since yesterday and after reading your message I relaxed a bit.