Canada Visit And Departure Record I-94

GCAspirant0104

Registered Users (C)
Hello Guys :

Is there anyone who visited Canada before Sept 11 or sometime in year 200?
If so, while entering back USA, did you get I-94 departure record stamped on your PP?

The reason for this question is -

I visited Canada (Niagra Fall) in year 2000 on a canadian visitor visa.
When I entered Canada, the immigration officer stamped my passport.
But, when I left Canada and entered back US, I did not get any
stamp on passport or no departure record on my passport regarding my entry in USA.
That was my last entry in USA and I was holding
H1-B at that time.

Now, my concern is -

If I need to show Arrival/Departure record for a passport stamping after I-485 approval, I wouldn't have I-94/Departure record showing my last entry in USA from Canada.

Any ideas, how to handle this situation?
Any potential problem?
Anyone with a similar situation?

Will appreciate your response, thanks!

Originally posted by GCAspirant0104
Hello Guys :

But, when I left Canada and entered back US, I did not get any
stamp on passport or no departure record on my passport regarding my entry in USA.
That was my last entry in USA and I was holding
H1-B at that time.

Now, my concern is -

If I need to show Arrival/Departure record for a passport stamping after I-485 approval, I wouldn't have I-94/Departure record showing my last entry in USA from Canada.

Any ideas, how to handle this situation?
Any potential problem?
Anyone with a similar situation?

Will appreciate your response, thanks!

This is actually quite common. It is rare that they stamp passports at land crossings from Canada. You should have asked for a stamp. They would have sent you inside.

That being said, it is not the end of the world. Do you still have your original I-94 or was it taken by Canadian authorities? It is actually quite rare they take I-94, too.

Brian

GCAspirant0104

I entered to canada sometime in Sep/Oct 1999 via Naagra falls.
they gave me stamp in my passport, but while coming US people did not check any thing.

Thanks!!

Thanks Guys for your responses and sharing your experience.

No, I did not surrender my I-94 to canadian officer since they didn't ask for it.

Just wondering, while going for PP stamping on approval of I-485, is it okay to show them my I-94 departure record which was my last trip to India BEFOR CANADA VISIT?
(I visited Canada in August 99 and visited india in March 99)

Do they question as to why I did not surrender my I-94 to Canadian officer??

Actually, I visited Canada just for 3-4 days and returned to USA,
but in my I-485 application my Attorney mentioned my last entry in USA was from Canada, so I am having little concern over it.

Thanks again guys for the help!

Re: Thanks!!

Originally posted by GCAspirant0104
Thanks Guys for your responses and sharing your experience.

Actually, I visited Canada just for 3-4 days and returned to USA,
but in my I-485 application my Attorney mentioned my last entry in USA was from Canada, so I am having little concern over it.

Thanks again guys for the help!

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. You didn't do anything wrong. Millions of people cross from Canada every year by car without stamping. This is known.

Brian