Canada Visa Stamping - Call for Security Clearance

delta99

Registered Users (C)
Canada Visa Stamping:

For those going to Canada from the US, Did any of you receive a call from the consulate about potential longer delays due to name check/ security clearance?

I have heard that a lot of people coming from the US are now receiving these calls.

I have been to Canada a few times before for teh visa stamping, but never received such a call.

Apparently, they have now been making the calls to all apllicants coming from the US to Canada (since the past 5 months) informing them that their visa revalidation/ stamping may take an extended time due to security clearances.

Would be grateful if anyone could share their experience if they received such a call.

Delta99,

I have been in Canada, Vancouver for stamping, and it is true that they are putting everybody in "Additional Administrative Processing", even girls from India as I understand for me it is Muslim name + Hot Listed country, and councelor officer advised me that I should have applied in my home country, so I would suggest you to apply from your home country. On top of this it is snowing this year nearly every next day snowing and system is not that good as USA and much difficulty to commute around and not much places honestly to hangout too. Again at least vancouver is not a good option according to me others I am not sure but I know about one guy in toronto that they even did not accept the case and sent the guy to back home country. So this is the situation and you have options but we can at least spend time good at home country and wait is less painful (at least for me that will be the case).

Yes, visa stamping in the home country is safest as Canadian / Mexican consulates cannot verify the education credentials outside of US / Canada / Mexico.

Delta99,

I have been in Canada, Vancouver for stamping, and it is true that they are putting everybody in "Additional Administrative Processing", even girls from India as I understand for me it is Muslim name + Hot Listed country, and councelor officer advised me that I should have applied in my home country, so I would suggest you to apply from your home country. On top of this it is snowing this year nearly every next day snowing and system is not that good as USA and much difficulty to commute around and not much places honestly to hangout too. Again at least vancouver is not a good option according to me others I am not sure but I know about one guy in toronto that they even did not accept the case and sent the guy to back home country. So this is the situation and you have options but we can at least spend time good at home country and wait is less painful (at least for me that will be the case).

sorry to hear that you are stuck in canada. All the best for getting all clearances at the soonest.

One question: is everyone being put through the admin check? You have said that indians are also being put through the admin check. Are they being reqd to wait for a long time too?

One silver lining from this may be that there is less rush at the canadian consulates (because of the deep freeze).

my husband got a call too, this was in Oct 2006. We didnt want to take any chances and we had to delay our wedding and ultimately have the event in USA instead of Pakistan.
He hasnt been able to go back home for fear of this security clearence that he wont be able to come back and its been nearly 7 years.

I heard about getting permission from immigration before leaving that the person be allowed to come back. Has anyone ever done that? Is it possible?