canada pr how long does it take

tangohi

Registered Users (C)
Hi
I have started filling the forms for the process of canada immigration . What is the usual time line till the end if you send the application today to the buffalo center. The web site states 3 years till the landing stage. Any ideas ?
Thanks

Exact answer is 'it depends'. Depends on how fast you send the requested documents, police clearences etc. However usually the trend is 1 year from the date of application received, you will get an IA (initial assessment). You will have some docuemnts to be send at that time PLUS medicals etc... then after you finish medicals you will receive PPR (passport request) within 3 to 4 months. So altogether I guess 1 and half to 2 years time frame. Good luck.

Tangohi,
Basically depends on if your interview is waived or if they request an interview. If your interview is waived and you have submitted all required documents in advance and are efficient in sending the doc they request you can have a visa stamp in your passport in 18 months.
If interview is requested then it could take much longer the main variable being length of time between assesment and interview. It has taken ppl as long at 3-4 yrs in some cases.

Ocourse these dates are or Buffalo, NY applicants. Applications from other countries take much much longer even 5-6 yrs in India/China.

i start prepare my PR in canada i have some question so you fellows may help me answering this question .
1- shoud i do the police check before i submit the application or not
2-should i do the english test before i submit the application (i have been living and working in USA forthe pst 14 years. i also studied in american university for short peroid.i had a successful immigration application to canada in 1997 but i did not stay a long time in canada)
3- is IT MUST TO WRITE the salary in work expertises letter
4-my work experience in the past 10 years had change it since first application.i beleive my new work experience could be considered a skilled worker but does not match my education.

5- do i have to arrange for college transcirpts to be send directly to immigration or what ever transcirpts copys is enough.

does is will hirt my chances .
6-in case of interview which place in USA has the least waiting time for interviews