Canada PR guru. Please help

gotocanada

Registered Users (C)
Canada PR Guru:
I landed canada in 04/2000 and came back to usa b/o my wife was studying. we applied return permit for 2 years. it expired 07/2002. Based on my understanding the new law, we still can go to Canada. Is it right? we plan to go to cananda in Augusta and come back (we have some personnal business to deal with) or in Nov not come back. Can I drive my car in/out canada/usa? How long does it take for getting maple card? I never work in canada. Is there any problem to get maple card? Any suggestion for trip is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Canada PR Guru:
I landed Canada in 04/2000 and came back to usa b/o my wife was studying. We applied return permit for 2 years. it expired 07/2002. Based on my understanding the new law, we still can go to Canada. Is it right?

-- YES
We plan to go to Canada in Augusta and come back (we have some personal business to deal with) or in Nov not come back. Can I drive my car in/out canada/usa?
--- I have read in many posts that once your are PR of Canada then you should not drive to Canada in your own US plated car ( I don’t know the reason I searched long back the Department of Motor Vehicle of Canada site I could not find any law) all advice that you should enter with rental car with Canadian plate or if not able to get Canada plated then take US plated car on rent, others may help you with this question
How long does it take for getting maple card?
-- At this time from sending your application for PR to get letter to Pick up the card is taking 16-20 weeks time
I never work in Canada. Is there any problem to get maple card?
----One can be out of Canada for 3 years and time spent on RRP out side of Canada ( new law)will be counted as Residence in Canada, I don’t think any problem, many have lied on PR Card application and got PR card I recommend to tell the
Any suggestion for trip is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.