Canada Landing Via Buffalo Questions

ehssame

I am a newbie in these forums and hope someone maybe able to help me out with my questions.
I am in the US on an H-1B (valid visa until Aug -2011). I have my US green card application pending.
I got my Canadian immigration approval in July of this year and have to do a "landing" I guess

1. What is the landing procedure ?

2. I will be flying till Buffalo NY and then renting a car and crossing the border . Any details of how far the border is from the Buffalo airport , are there multiple points to enter or just one etc. Any advice will be highly appreciated.

3. What documents do I need to carry with me (for the landing procedure / entry into Canada)?

4. Do I need to turn in my current I-94(while going from US to canada) and get a fresh one when I come back(from Canada to US)?
What other papers do I need to carry with me since I am on H-1(for the entry back into the US)

5. Can I go to Canada and come back the same day ?

6. I also believe that I need to provide a Canadian address for the Permanent Resident Cards. Is providing a US address an option ?

7. Any other points I should be aware of ?

Thanks a ton for all the help.

These are the answers to some of your questions :
1. What is the landing procedure ?

-- They check all your documents and then stamp your passport with your new status (as a PR of Canada).

4. Do I need to turn in my current I-94(while going from US to canada) and get a fresh one when I come back(from Canada to US)?
What other papers do I need to carry with me since I am on H-1(for the entry back into the US)

-- Do not surrender your I-94, you can re-enter using the same I-94, even if your visa has expired. (provided you are not the national of one of those countries who are not allowed Automatic Visa Revalidation). If you have a valid visa, then the question of AVR does not arise and you are good!

5. Can I go to Canada and come back the same day ?

-- Yes.

6. I also believe that I need to provide a Canadian address for the Permanent Resident Cards. Is providing a US address an option ?

-- No. The address has to be Canadian.

These are the answers to some of your questions :

-- They check all your documents and then stamp your passport with your new status (as a PR of Canada).

-- Do not surrender your I-94, you can re-enter using the same I-94, even if your visa has expired. (provided you are not the national of one of those countries who are not allowed Automatic Visa Revalidation). If you have a valid visa, then the question of AVR does not arise and you are good!

-- Yes.

-- No. The address has to be Canadian.

Thank you so much for the replies.

The Proof of Funds - What documents can be used ?
Will the bank statements (US bank account) and Etrade/ScottTrade statements suffice or do I have to take a bankers check for the amount that is required for my family ?

Please advice.

Landing in CA, Pending 485 valid AP

Thank you for this information. I need a bit clarity on the return to US process.
I have my 485 pending and have a valid AP. I-94 expired, visa stamping (h1) expired). I hope I can use the AP to come back. Please suggest. Also, I have a valid H1 extension with I-94. Can I use the AVR faclity? But the problem is, I'm not with the same company, in that case, I assume NO. Correct?
Just wanted to know whether anyone had issues with coming back on AP.
Please post your experiences on AP.
Regards.

I am really new immigration forums . Can I know what is

1) valid AP
2) what is AVR faclity?

in the above question?

Thanks

Thank you for this information. I need a bit clarity on the return to US process.
I have my 485 pending and have a valid AP. I-94 expired, visa stamping (h1) expired). I hope I can use the AP to come back.
-------------------------You Can use valid AP to enter US.
Please suggest. Also, I have a valid H1 extension with I-94.
-------------------------If you have valid I-94 you can use AVR
Can I use the AVR faclity?
But the problem is, I'm not with the same company, in that case, I assume NO. Correct?
---------------------------------Use AP if not working with employer who fled latest H1 and that I-94 is based on that.

Just wanted to know whether anyone had issues with coming back on AP.
----------show the AP at POE.
Please post your experiences on AP.

Regards.
-----------------------