Canada Immigration

sdaggumati

Canada Immigration-- NEED HELP PLEASE !!!!

Hi all
Have a question about canada immigration

I applied for Canada immigration a week back but I may go back for INDIA in next year and stay there there for two years . Do I need to notify Canada Immigration auth about ? or can I go back to india and come back once I got the call from Canada Auth to my USA address.

THANKS
SREE

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you should consider your india trip carefully, you might get your Canadian PR in 14-18 months. I mean it is extremely urgent, Do not proceed with your plans. Ofcourse it is my suggestion only.

There will be lot of complications with your porposal;
1. Do you have a valid visa to enter USA anytime if required ? within the two year period time you live in India ?
2. If no then that itslef will play spoil sport for you. since the papers will be sent to your US address only. - ( If you have not changed the mailing address to India)
3. If you change the address to India then most likely they may transfer your file to India Office which might delay the entire process for you.

So think carefully and consider the timelines of People applying for Canadian PR from within USA. It ususally takes 14-18 months to complete.

Good luck.

sorry for asking you this

sdaggumati said:
Hi all

I applied for Canada immigration a week back but I may go back for INDIA in next year and stay there there for two years . Do I need to notify Canada Immigration auth about ? or can I go back to india and come back once I got the call from Canada Auth to my USA address.

THANKS
SREE

Hi Sree:
I have a question did you file your self or thro a lawer?. Are the procedure is difficult to do myself?

please advise me
thanks

sdaggumati said:
Hi all

THANKS
SREE

Hi Sree,

If you apply for Canadian immigraion in US and have to return to India then there are two possible outcomes:

A) You get interview waiver and after everything is complete you are asked to send your passport for the visa. The visa can only be issued by the Canadian consulate handling you case in US. So now you will have to figure out a way to send your passport from India to US. Moreover the Canadian embassy will only mail the passport back to an address in US or Canada, so you will need to provide a return address of US or Canada and then get it back to India from there.

B) You are asked to appear in an interview. In this case you have no choice but to get a visa for the US and appear in the interview. If you are unable to attend the interview your file may be transfered to India. This will increase the processing time of your application significantly.

If you have the option of returning to US whenever you want to then there should not be a problem. You just have to maintain an address in US to get the correspondence from the Canadian consulate.

Last edited by a moderator:
zeifa said:
Hi Sree:
I have a question did you file your self or thro a lawer?. Are the procedure is difficult to do myself?

please advise me
thanks

Hi Zeifa,

The process of applying for Canadian immigration is very simple. You do not need to hire a lawyer.

Visit the official CIC website www.cic.gc.ca and download the immigration guide and read it very carefully. If you follow the instructions then you will not have a problem.

But first visit the following link to find out if you have the required points to qualify as a Skilled worker:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/skilled/assess/index.html

Candian Immigration

Hi, Guy,

I would like to apply for Candian Immigration too. How long it takes? One in RIR, one in Perm. Already spended $10,000 only lawyers fee. Now stack in retrogression. No any more try. Only try for canadian Immigration. Because at the end of the day they will say we are done with Immigration. No more untill the year of 2100.

Perm08,

Currently a Federal skilled worker immigration application submitted in Buffalo, USA is taking on an average 18 to 34 months. The processing time may increase or decrease in future.

Kenny