• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Canada immigration vs. US immigration

tawwad

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

I finished from the process of obtaining the landing Visa to Canada immigration. So, i have now on my passport the Canadian immigration Visa and my deadline to enter Canada is Mid October.

Lucky me, i won the DV 2013 lottery, and i was wondering, if i go to the interview for the US visa, will they disqualify me since i have a Landing Visa / or might have PR card for Canada. Or they don't care about it?

And could you also tell me if anyone knows the advantages/disadvantages for each immigration country, USA/Canada?

many thanks to all

rican omerchas

Hello all,

I finished from the process of obtaining the landing Visa to Canada immigration. So, i have now on my passport the Canadian immigration Visa and my deadline to enter Canada is Mid October.

Lucky me, i won the DV 2013 lottery, and i was wondering, if i go to the interview for the US visa, will they disqualify me since i have a Landing Visa / or might have PR card for Canada. Or they don't care about it?

And could you also tell me if anyone knows the advantages/disadvantages for each immigration country, USA/Canada?

many thanks to all

dude stick with canada
us is finished for a very long time

ngsfess 177

Hello all,

I can't see why that would be a problem. I'm sure you spent quite some time making the decision to move to Canada, then going through the entire bureaucratic process to acquire legal residence. How many years did that take (from deciding to do it to actually getting the visa)? 2 years? More? In the meantime, you entered the DV lottery and surprise, surprise you were selected! One can't put their life on hold for the miniscule chance of winning a lottery.

That's so hard to answer. Both countries are huge, with many differences from one state/province/city to another. And it all depends on the individual - their skills, ambition, support system, luck, etc.

I can't see why that would be a problem. I'm sure you spent quite some time making the decision to move to Canada, then going through the entire bureaucratic process to acquire legal residence. How many years did that take (from deciding to do it to actually getting the visa)? 2 years? More? In the meantime, you entered the DV lottery and surprise, surprise you were selected! One can't put their life on hold for the miniscule chance of winning a lottery.

That's so hard to answer. Both countries are huge, with many differences from one state/province/city to another. And it all depends on the individual - their skills, ambition, support system, luck, etc.

Yes, it was a long long process. Actually, it was more than 2 years, 6 years in exact!! And once i got the landing visa, i got the lottery!! I know a lot of friends who went to Canada and returned because they couldn't find a job there, therefor, i think in the USA one has better chances, it is a bigger country and huge market.

Yes, it was a long long process. Actually, it was more than 2 years, 6 years in exact!! And once i got the landing visa, i got the lottery!!

Ha ha! Well, you and I are practically in the same boat. My husband and I were living in Australia for many years but decided it was too isolated and that we wanted to return to Canada. That decision was made almost 4 years ago. We arrived in Canada on April 27th. A week later I decided to check whether we were were successful in DV2013. Husband - no. Me - Yes! Crazy timing. We're only just now going to return the forms because we wanted to think long and hard about whether we should pursue the Green Card or not. It's a big challenge, not to be taken lightly but for us, we believe we can manage it.

I know a lot of friends who went to Canada and returned because they couldn't find a job there, therefor, i think in the USA one has better chances, it is a bigger country and huge market.

Let's hope so. At least there is more to choose from as far as employment markets in the US, despite the high average unemployment rate. Here in Canada it seems it's only Toronto or Calgary for the most numerous job prospects.

Ha ha! Well, you and I are practically in the same boat. My husband and I were living in Australia for many years but decided it was too isolated and that we wanted to return to Canada. That decision was made almost 4 years ago. We arrived in Canada on April 27th. A week later I decided to check whether we were were successful in DV2013. Husband - no. Me - Yes! Crazy timing. We're only just now going to return the forms because we wanted to think long and hard about whether we should pursue the Green Card or not. It's a big challenge, not to be taken lightly but for us, we believe we can manage it.

Let's hope so. At least there is more to choose from as far as employment markets in the US, despite the high average unemployment rate. Here in Canada it seems it's only Toronto or Calgary for the most numerous job prospects.

that's two cities more than us has to offer

I lived in Canada.Once I had a dream to live in there But now not.Why....

1-Canada is a big hen with a very small egg.

2-As it is advertised that Canada is a multicultural society to live...no way....It is not.Humans are still Indian , Chinese,Blacks, Africans,Whites,browns Pakis,Muslims,Hindus,Sikh, Jews and Christian.No one is Proud 2b a Canadian.Everyone is proud of ones ethnicity,religion,region or what ever with others inferior to him.

3-I had a very harsh experience of working through Employment AGENCIES in Canada.Where you work for 12 hours shift--Less hourly wage--Payment not in time.You die every hour-every second-every moment.In simple words Employment agencies are Blood suckers.You work for four Bosses --Copmany Boss--Agency Boss--Supervisor @ work -- Senior Worker Boss :)

4-If you are white n female beware of sexual harassment/assault.If you are black then get ready for new types of racist behavior.

5-People lie with you n come around you to help you for their personal gains.

There are so many things I can tell you not to choose Canada as a place to reside.However,this is all what I experienced myself.May be some people had Good experience than me.So if you are in Canada you will see it by yourself.As for as USA is concerned I have no idea. :)

I lived in Canada.Once I had a dream to live in there But now not.Why....

1-Canada is a big hen with a very small egg.

2-As it is advertised that Canada is a multicultural society to live...no way....It is not.Humans are still Indian , Chinese,Blacks, Africans,Whites,browns Pakis,Muslims,Hindus,Sikh, Jews and Christian.No one is Proud 2b a Canadian.Everyone is proud of ones ethnicity,religion,region or what ever with others inferior to him.

3-I had a very harsh experience of working through Employment AGENCIES in Canada.Where you work for 12 hours shift--Less hourly wage--Payment not in time.You die every hour-every second-every moment.In simple words Employment agencies are Blood suckers.You work for four Bosses --Copmany Boss--Agency Boss--Supervisor @ work -- Senior Worker Boss :)

4-If you are white n female beware of sexual harassment/assault.If you are black then get ready for new types of racist behavior.

5-People lie with you n come around you to help you for their personal gains.

There are so many things I can tell you not to choose Canada as a place to reside.However,this is all what I experienced myself.May be some people had Good experience than me.So if you are in Canada you will see it by yourself.As for as USA is concerned I have no idea. :)

Perhaps you were just in the wrong part of Canada, with the wrong field of work... I lived there for 18 months and while I somewhat agree with the "multicultural" comment to an extent, I found people there to be proud of Canada, proud to be Canadian. I also found people to be amazingly kind, helpful and friendly, and I prefer those people I met in Vancouver over the people I continue to unfortunately meet back home in Australia... I loved Canada. And I also love the USA. I've lived in Canada, and I would love to go back - if only it didn't rain so much in Vancouver (haha). Next goal is the US. It makes me feel at home.

Perhaps you were just in the wrong part of Canada, with the wrong field of work... ,

Yeh you are right in saying that.But I packed cheese with wireless/Software engineers,Network Administrators,engineers n highly skilled people :)

I found people there to be proud of Canada, proud to be Canadian.
I personally don't believe it because I met people of various ethnicity, religion,races n color.Most of them want go back to where they belong n they will one day,I am pretty sure.Not a single being is happy n proud 2 b a Canadian though they pretend to be with their friends,family n relatives.

I loved Canada. And I also love the USA
And I love the Whole Planet not just two countries because I am born in it.I LOVE YOU MAMA EARTH :)

I've lived in Canada, and I would love to go back
Its your personal choice BUT I will advice for coming seven generations not to immigrate to CANADA :).Try to stay Where you belong.You will live a more happy n relaxed life :cool: if you know how to?

Its your personal choice BUT I will advice for coming seven generations not to immigrate to CANADA :).Try to stay Where you belong.You will live a more happy n relaxed life :cool: if you know how to?

Sorry, but I really don't like where I am. This is NOT where I belong. I have never been more happy and more relaxed and felt at home since when I lived in Canada.

The talk of canadians not being proud of being canadian or there being poor job opportunities is all nonsense.

As for US vs Canada? In a weird way I think the two countries have very little alike....I think the term 51st staters is soemwhat apt. Coming from Australia I thought Canada would be much closer to Australia in terms of British and US influence...but there is almost no British influence. It's US all the way.

Culturally, I don't see so many differences, maybe to the us as a whole, but to states like washington or oregon, very little.

Being in Canada is like being in the US without access to the amazing cities, oppurtunities or market that actually exist in the US.

As for US vs Canada? In a weird way I think the two countries have very little alike....I think the term 51st staters is soemwhat apt. Coming from Australia I thought Canada would be much closer to Australia in terms of British and US influence...but there is almost no British influence. It's US all the way.

I see Canada as the US's and Australia's love child... It's a good in between of Australia & the US..

I see Canada as the US's and Australia's love child... It's a good in between of Australia & the US..

That is what I expected more or less, but it isn't what I found.

Canada has almost nothing in common with Australia....nothing. and so very very much in common with the US.

What similarities do you see between aus and canada?

What similarities do you see between aus and canada?

I found Vancouver reminded me a lot of Sydney in a way... And I didn't find the Canadian accent as strong as the US accent. I felt in between there, not sure why. There wasn't as many 'different' stores/food places etc. I just found that crossing the border to the US was a world of difference from Canada. Like to LA or Dallas. Just found Canada to be different from the US. But the same? It's definitely more like the US than it is Australia, but in an odd way I found Canada the in between.

I found Vancouver reminded me a lot of Sydney in a way... And I didn't find the Canadian accent as strong as the US accent. I felt in between there, not sure why. There wasn't as many 'different' stores/food places etc. I just found that crossing the border to the US was a world of difference from Canada. Like to LA or Dallas. Just found Canada to be different from the US. But the same? It's definitely more like the US than it is Australia, but in an odd way I found Canada the in between.

I getcha.

I think Canada is nothing like the most famous cities/places in the US, ie New York, LA, New Orleans whatever....but is stunningly similar to the generic US. Cross from Seattle into Vancouver I didn't feel that I was in another country, at all.

According to me both are the best for living but Canada is really the best place to live long time here you get lots of job opportunities to make your future bright. Canada the quality and pace of life is better. Its also good economically to earning money. So that i suggest you to stay to live in Canada.