Canada consulates honoring appointments. I94 still valid at borders..

No Title

Before all these changes, all you needed to enter was a stamped 1-94. The I-94 is the little white card you fill out and the custom agents staple in your passport whenever you leave or enter the U.S.
Even if your visa has expired, the I-94 could still get you in, once you can prove to customs that you have a valid i-797 and other documents.

The agents are advising that you get the I-94 stamped at the airport before you leave the U.S. to show proof of date of departure, and when you arrive in Canada. If the rules stay the same, you have 30 days after you enter Canada to return to the U.S. using the
I-94. Now if your visa is stamped or valid, then you\'re fine, you won\'t have to depend on the I-94 to get you in.

the I-94 is sort of security, to help you get back into the U.S. if your visa was denied for some reason. But again, with thing changing the way they are, please do consult a professional before you go.

Thanks

Hi
Thanks for the info. Can i talk with you over phone /email to get
some more details? If yes plz give me your # / email

Consulate at Toronto

Hi Deikemper,
Actually, I am also heading to Toronto get H1B stamped on december 4th. Do you think that every one who has made an appoinment before nov 16th needs to reconfirm ? Secondly do you know one who got H1B stamped at toronto consulate lately.

Toroto consulate

any h1-b\'s who got there visa\'s stamped at toronto, could you please post all the requirements and the questions asked during interview.

Montreal?

I got my visa stamped there on Nov. 29th. I have seen other people getting their H1Bs stamped on that day, but I am not sure what the situation is right now. If anyone has questions, I will be happy to answer...

was your case H1-H1 ?

If so, what questions did they ask you ? I have an appointment at Juarez but just wanted to get an idea of what they are looking for.
Thanks.

No Title

Mine was a J-1 to H-1, no home residency requirements. Other people\'s were F1 to H1 (at least the ones I talked to while waiting).

Toronto Appointment

Hi Diekemper,

I have appoinment with the US consulate in Toronto on 20 Dec. Would appreciate if you could share your experiences at Toronto. Would appreciate if you could address specific questions like I-94 stamping, do they keep your old I-94, questions at US consulate in Toronto etc.

Thanks and good luck

satya

you can email me at: satyaa@vt.edu

raj

I have an appointment on December 19th. I called up 1-900 to confirm my appointment. To make things solid, the US Consulate(1-900..) faxed me a new appointment letter dated as of December 5th which would be helpful in getting canadian visitors visa.

Guys, I heard that if you travel by air, the immigration officers collect/ keep your I-94 form and if you travel by road or rail, they don\'t collect. Does anybody knows about this thing.
I am on OPT till December 25th and my H1B starting date is from December 25th. Now I am planning to get it stamped by December 19th. So anycase if I face problems in stamping, will I be able to re-enter US based on 30 days expiration date validation.

Please let me know your suggestions..

I94 doubt

Hi
I have appoinment in mexico to get H1-B stamping. I came on J visa and
the I94 got at the POE did not specify any date for its validity period. The
entry visa stamping on J expired two years back. I got H1-B approved (with
new I94 valid till 2004) 18 days after my J extension ends.
Was i in out of status? if so is it going to prevent my re-entry to USA in case
my H1-b stamping in mexico denied?

Thanks

I94 question?

Hi
I have appoinment in mexico to get H1-B stamping. I came on J visa and
the I94 got at the POE did not specify any date for its validity period. The
entry visa stamping on J expired two years back. I got H1-B approved (with
new I94 valid till 2004) 18 days after my J extension ends.
Was i in out of status? if so is it going to prevent my re-entry to USA in case
my H1-b stamping in mexico denied?

Thanks

Web page printout

If you have booked the appointment through the web page you can print the page and they kind of accept it. Even if you have not booked through the nvars system you can try by entering your passport number (i think that\'s what they use). I got my Mexican visa (thru Victor Garcia) that way.

Good Luck

Venkat