Can you work with EAD receipt notice ?

KalRam

Registered Users (C)
Can you continue to work with EAD receipt notice.
 My EAD is expiring this March. I have applied for
 renewal and got the receipt but they are saying
 it will take more than 3 months for them to issue
 the EAD @ Texas Service Center.

No Title

If yours is a renewal and you applied at your local INS, my guess is you will get it within 30-45 days of applying. They just tell you that it takes 90 days, but it never does.

In case you don\'t get it on time, DON\'T MAKE THE FOOLISH MISTAKE OF CONTINUING TO WORK. THAT COULD JEOPARDIZE YOUR CHANCE OF GETTING A GREEN CARD. Explain the situation to your employer and take a leave of absence.

This is my opinion based on my experiences and it can\'t be misconstrued as a legal advise.

No Title

Can you obtain a Social Security Card with just the EAD receipt notice? (just got EAD receipt notice yesterday).

thanks.

No Title

Hi,

if it is more than 90 days since you applied for your EAD and u have not received the EAD yet . You can go to the local INS office with proper documentation they will give a new EAD same day.

Thanks
Niraj

No Title

I don\'t think so. The Social Security guys don\'t know much about the INS forms and procedures. If you have a work visa, that will be accepted. If you are on H4, you will have to wait till you get the EAD card.

No Title

I have the same situation here, Actually, my EAD expired last Friday. I talked to my lawyer about this. He told me I can continue working as long as my employer doesn\'t have any problems with it. He said according to the immigration law, anyone with Adjustment to Permanent Resident pending is allowed to work in the US anytime. The EAD is only the evidence to show your employer. But it\'s your decision. If you don\'t care much about the money you are gonna lose, you\'d better play it safe. Btw, I am still working.

No Title

Hi pang,

I am in the same situation.I had to quit my job because my EAD expired
on Jan 19th.Today I went to local INS office at Dallas.They said my case will take about 5 more months to get approved.I am really worried.Could you pl ask your lawyer to give me the link where ever
he read this rule.So that I can convince my employer .

Thanks,
Archana

No Title

I believe the informationn he gave is from the immigration law. I don\'t know exactly what code. You should contact your own lawyer or ask the lawyers on this web site.

No Title

Hello Guys,

I am very surprised by looking at these postings( about quiting job becoz the EAD expired) My EAD was supposed to expire on 17 april so I decided to apply for my Renewal because it says \'you should apply 90 days in advance. I went to the Local INS office to get these forms.
I was told that they can renew my EAD at the local office it self. I could not beleif this at just to be on safer side I went to my local office with all the papers and they gave me my new EAD in 1hr.

I hope this helps.

Niraj