Can you tape naturalization interview??

jllag1

Registered Users (C)
Is it allowed? Anybody have any experience with this? I feel it will be nice if you are allowed to do this, as you always have proof of all questions asked and all answers on tape.

I doubt it, but you could take your lawyer with you.

jllag1 said:
Is it allowed? Anybody have any experience with this? I feel it will be nice if you are allowed to do this, as you always have proof of all questions asked and all answers on tape.

jllag1 said:

Are you kidding? Of course you can't do it. You aren't even allowed to take electronic equipment such as cell phones into the building. In any case, why do you need proof?

Paranoia levels are running high here... just kidding. No, you can't tape it in video or audio. You can't even have your cell phone on during the interview. I've heard and read many things in all forums but I've never saw someone mentioning that the examiner did something wrong. The truth is that they are there not to cause you problems and they are not looking for deny you unless your application has some type of problems and in this case a good lawyer is far better than any tape. If your application is ok go there, take it easy and in the end you will see that the beast was not that bad. In my particular case, here in Miami, ALL immigration personnel were very polite, easy to deal with and my process run from beginning to the end without any hitches. You must take into consideration that thousands get their citizenship every year and most of them do not have any problems. When you read a forum like this you have the idea that problems are the rule because, normally, those who do not have any problem do not post.

Good Luck

PD: 02/2005
FP: 04/2005
INT: 09/2005
OATH: 12/2005

You can take a lawyer who can take notes during the interview. These notes are as good as tape if ever needed in a court.

My interview was video taped by CIS. Soon after administreing the oath to tell the truth, the officer specifically told me that they are video taping the proceedings. It is just an FYI for me. I don't know if we get access to that tape if neede for any reason. I guess CIS is doing it as it might help as witness should anybody sue them of any mistreatment during the interview - I don't know. I interviewd in Cleveland, OH in Dec 05.