Can you submit AC-21 while stamping for GC?

rk4gc

Registered Users (C)
My friend got approved last week. I think his RD is in mid 2002, dont know exactly. He changed his job after 180 days on I485 and never submitted AC21 as he thought he can submit it if he gets an RFE. But he is approved without an RFE.

He is saying he is going to submit AC-21 letter when he goes for GC stamping. And he told me few of his friends successfully did the same recently. I wonder any of the forum members did that. If so please post your experience.

are these guys on drugs or something? why do they need to give AC21 letter during stamping? the case is approved, the file is closed.
get the stamp and get the hell out of there.

rk4gc said:
My friend got approved last week. I think his RD is in mid 2002, dont know exactly. He changed his job after 180 days on I485 and never submitted AC21 as he thought he can submit it if he gets an RFE. But he is approved without an RFE.

He is saying he is going to submit AC-21 letter when he goes for GC stamping. And he told me few of his friends successfully did the same recently. I wonder any of the forum members did that. If so please post your experience.

AC21 while stamping

I got approved today 07/30. I spoke to my lawyer and she said that she would prepare a letter for AC21. I switched jobs and did not inform CIS. I got approved without RFE.

I asked why do I need to inform them now that everything is done? She replied saying that there is a "good faith" clause in EB GC's. If I let CIS know while stamping, it would serve two purposes.. one, I don't have to mail it and cause confusion, and two, when time comes for naturalization, CIS would already have this info against my A#, and there will be no further investigations. My lawyer suggested that I do this as she had received many such concerns from INS for many of her clients.

I do not know if this is true... any comments?

surprising that many have thought in these lines!! hhhmmmm.....

this is what I think, giving this letter to IIO during stamping == throwing this letter out of window while driving on freeway.

goodsaint said:
this is what I think, giving this letter to IIO during stamping == throwing this letter out of window while driving on freeway.

Thats a great analogy :), but it makes sense to me to give AC21 letter to the IIO during stamping. Whatever it is, it goes into your records, and thats what is important if you are interested in Citizenship and want to keep things clean.

I don't see a need to provide AC21 letter at the time of stampping. At the time of citizenship, you can always prove that you changed the job BEFORE 485 approval and NOT AFTER. I think giving AC21 letter at the time of stampping may open up other confusions.

Please remember - I am not a lawyer and don't decide or do or not do anything based on my opinion or this post.

There is a simple rule, you have to choose appropriate forum in order to get recrods straight. "Stamping" is not the right forum for ac-21 letter. But, before we even go there, I don't think it is required to give AC-21 letter to INS at all. USCIS never bothered to publish regulations regarding AC-21, so let them live with it.

rk4gc said:
Thats a great analogy :), but it makes sense to me to give AC21 letter to the IIO during stamping. Whatever it is, it goes into your records, and thats what is important if you are interested in Citizenship and want to keep things clean.

Dont think it is required to provide AC21 at the time of stamping. Personally, I feel it complicates the case. With approval in 485, the case is closed. And I have yet to hear of someone having problems at time of citizenship. But hey if that is what the lawyers advice, then I guess that would be the way to go. They are "supposed" to know these things after all.

Thats right, I will not second guess lawyers openion. I would rather go take second openion from another lawyer (if there is a confusion).

the problem with immigration lawyers is that they leave too much to their paralegals (specially big immigration law firms). It is illegal for a paralegal to provide legal advice but they routinely do it.

Make sure you hear the "advice" from the horse's mouth directly.

140_takes_4ever said:
Dont think it is required to provide AC21 at the time of stamping. Personally, I feel it complicates the case. With approval in 485, the case is closed. And I have yet to hear of someone having problems at time of citizenship. But hey if that is what the lawyers advice, then I guess that would be the way to go. They are "supposed" to know these things after all.

goodsaint said:
Make sure you hear the "advice" from the horse's mouth directly.
Now that I learned my case is also approved, I am waiting to hear the "advice" form the horse's mouth :) .

It will be too late

140_takes_4ever said:

Is there a problem in not informing USCIS about AC21 or not? Right now you will nto find anybody facing problems at the time of naturalization, because that will happen many years later. It might be too late at that time. So, I suppose, it is better to talk to more than one lawyers and then do whatever they say. I'll probably do that when time comes. Right now waiting for 2nd FP.

parolee
wac03002