Can you please make quick overview of kindergartens which could be available in U.S.?

earlfox

Registered Users (C)
I suppose the best thing for little 5 years old girl will be socializing with American kids (instead of sitting at home with Mom and speaking with her always in Russian - because mom unlikely will be able to use the language which she doesn't know herself).

Or even maybe in her 5 years she can be eligible for some public school? Are children of permanent citizens should pay some significant amount of money sending their kids in a public (governmental) schools? And by law what is most earliest age in which child could be sended in a first grade?

I know that prices can vary very much from state to state, but I ask you to share with just what you know about prices of childcare system in U.S. (First of all I am interested in free/cheap oportunities) Especially about Utah, Salt Lake City. Do you think it is expensive to arrange a 5 y.o. kid for governmental school or kindergarten? We search most cheapest ways of sending children in public place of studies/kindergartens.

Btw do you have any experiences about how fast 5 years old kids can learn English? :) I mean how fast it could be? I know that for my mom it could take around 7 months, but for 5 years old children maybe it will take only month? Is it possible? I am so excited that my 5 years old sister will have at least 1 month English practice in a native environment.

Thx everybody for your help

Last edited by a moderator:
This is not an immigration law question but ...

Education in US in public schools from grade 1-12 is free. However, quality of education may vary from place to place. It all depends on the address you live at as public schools usually take kids from the neighborhood.

Beyond that (kindergarten or daycare or childcare), you need to check the local city / county. Kindergarten might be free in some places, but may not be. Daycare or childcare will usually be charged.

Kindergarten might be free in some places
Is there any official resources which show whether in our place is any free kindergartens? (in our case it is Salt Lake City) And is there any queue system in U.S. for kids in order to apply? (Because as I understand demand for free services is always high, isn't it?)