Can you go for FP prior to scheduled date

sja3

I have received FP notice scheduled for 3/15/2001 at Houston.
Can I go prior to that date.

Thanks
sja3

No Title

No, you are allowed to show up only during the week time frame as has been mentioned on the INS notice. If unable to go to the service center during that week, then you can still submit the fingerprints
any Wednesdays of the following weeks. But again the Finger print
centers won\'t do your finger printing before the notice date.

No Title

My attorney told me that you can go a few days (probably a week or so) earlier to have your FPs done if you have a valid reason e.g., you will be travelling and would be out of US during your scheduled week of FP. He said that one can take his/her air ticket and can request the ASC/INS folks to consider that request. I think its worth trying if you have a valid reason otherwise you have to wait until your actual date/week. Hope this helps !

No Title

We got our fp done 3 weeks before our scheduled date. Reason - travelling on business. Showed tickets and got it done.

No Title

So the bottomline is ....................
you are allowed to have early fingerprinting done only if
you are travelling abroad. Otherwise as my limited knowledge
says, INS/ASC will ask you to appear on the date as shown on
the notice. Thanks for the useful info CG4Desi & skip walker

No Title

Yes you can. Our actual FP date is 3/6/01 in a different city in the same state. But we did it yesterday in the city where we live. They didn\'t ask any questions. The whole process took 5-10 minutes from entry to exit. This center has optical scanner and it was quick and clear. No ink is used.

No Title

Where do you live? How can I know if they have optical scanner at the location? Thanks.

No Title

How would I know if a particular location has optical scnner. I heard, the FP approval process is much faster that way. I live in a different temporary place than address on my application. Can I do my FP at the temporary location or go back to the permanent location to do FP. Thx.

No Title

In fact, we just dropped by ASC to check if they can do FP prior to the date.
We went and shown the papers, they asked for ID and start filling the form to do the FP.
No Questions asked.
They were happy do the FP.

Good Luck to you all.... It looks like the place is not crowded they will be happy to do the FP irrespective of the date.

SJA3