Can you buy a house while I-485 is pending for over 2 years?

Athena

Registered Users (C)
Hi all! We\'re trying to buy a house, and it seems all mortgage lenders want a copy of the green card to approve the mortgage. Has anyone got a mortgage before getting the green card? Please help!!! Thanks!!!

No Title

Buying house has nothing to do with GC. They should check your credit record rather than GC. You can buy house while on any valid visa.

Get a letter from the lawyer.

If lender does not understand the process find another lender who understands.

Athena: Your question was realted to Lender not providing Morgage Loan. Yes. Some Lender do insist t

Thanks to all of you for your advice--I\'ll call the lender and hopefully will convince them. Thank

No Title

Agreed with TSC-00, If the lenders want to take advantage of your immigration status or simply ignorant, switch to any lender. In today\'s market, you are in the driver\'s seat. Banks should chase you instead of your begging them for loan apporoval, of course, assuming you have good credit.

No Title

Our credit is excellent, like most hardworking immigrants(-to-be). I never thought GC would come to haunt us even when buying a house, but looks like we could at least try other lenders if we can\'t convince this one. Wish us luck in our GC and the mortgage, and our best wishes to all 485 waiters in speedy adjudications!

TIS THE SEASON ..to buy house la la la la

Without GC you may have to pay more towards your down payment. With GC you can get away with less than 5% DP. Dude hurry up !! TIS THE SEASON ...

Athena : No Problem

I bought a house on H1 2 yrs back,
Go to
First Savings Bank, opp Woodbridge Centre mall on Route 1, New Jersey
www.firstsavings.com and ask for Mark. They will give you a good rate and also do it.

No Title

I talked to the lender, and he\'s fine with it. Actually he said they\'d seen a lot of such cases before. Just want you all to know and thanks again for your help! It\'s good to have such a strong on-line community to help each other, and it\'s a good thing that the American public knows our situation. Best luck to all of us!