Can you believe what the CIS asked from me in the RFE?

Bri999

Registered Users (C)
I was in a mystry during the last few weeks. They kept updating my case on line daily for a whole week then the following week, I got an E mail that they sent me an RFE (Requsting more evidence) and I was a nervouse wreck. I never recieved that letter for almost 2 weeks. I called Nebraska today to find out what is going on. Apperantly they sent it to my lawer's office and no one bothered to call me and let me knw from my lawers' office which made me really mad. :mad:

I called the lawyer's office, they said they are asking for "new style photos" showing front face, since when I apllied in 2000 it was side view; But they already taken my picture on April 2005 when they sent me an appointment to take my bio and fingure print for the card and they told me, now we have to take your picture in the ofice (digital) for the card since we don't accept photos to be sent by mail.

I called Nebraska again and the officer said "yes, it shows that you went to the office and they took your pic and fingure print on April of 2005, but not sure why they are requsting new passport photos" . This officer is from Nebraska's office and he doesn't know WHY?????????? :mad:

What is this mean? They are contridicting themselves. Anyone have a similar exerience??? why are they doing this?

Serge16

I don't know the direct # to the Nebraska office, but what I did, I called the # provided in the E-mail to call in case I didn't get their letter in the mail within 2 weeks which is what happened. I called (800) 375-5283.

You have to lestin to the long message then they give you selections...I Think It is option #2, if I am not mistaken where it asks if you aready have a case filed, then you go to a different option which is if they mailed you RFE, then it gives you option if you didn't recieve it or if you don't know what it is about then it asks for your case #, enter it then it tells you, you have to send the requested information and then I think it asks if you have question and if you select that, it connects you to Nebraska's office, (since they are very poor , they can't afford an answering system) the phone will ring and ring and ring and ring for 5 to 20 min, so just keep it ringing until someone answers. try your luck buddy

why are you worrying for such small issue.
go get pictures and send it to them
you will get your GC in two weeks.

Paramvir1 said:

yep they are the worst bureaucracy and screw up all the time. At least they are working on your case. Get and comply with the RFE.

Rfe,ead

hI,

anybody who replied for RFE for EAD?how long to get approved after reply?

Thanks.

Paramvir1 said:

I am worried because I never heard them asking anyone on here for such a thing on an RFE. Plus, they said they are no longer accepting regular pictures on the new GC. It has to be digital on the new cards and it should be taken at the immigration office which I already did