can you beat this?

Awaiting approval

Registered Users (C)
Made an inquiry thru the senator. My RD is Jan 2002. The I-140 is in Bombay, India. They didn't know that i'll file 485, so they sent it to Bombay, India. Now they'll request it 3 times and if they don't get it, then they'll proceed with the adjudication.

Can't believe this. They also said they'll request another FP. looks like it's atleast another year to go.

Was your I-140 approved for Consular processing? Otherwise did u wait long before u applied for I-485 after I-140 approval?
If no for the above 2 questions then it is really wierd.

Very interesting!!

letsgetit,

What is the time gap between I-140 approval and I-485 application, after which they will send the file to applicants native country?

I guess anything and everything is possible when it comes to INS :(

WIN

Otherwise did u wait long before u applied for I-485 after I-140 approval
can you please explain ? I have a similar situation. I waited for almost 1.5 years (after I-140) beforeI filed for I-485. Why would INS send documents to home country ?

ND April 15 2002
FP1 June 1, 2002
FP2 Dec 20, 2003

zztop & what's_in_name,
I was just speculating if a big gap can trigger this transfer. I have not heard this happen before nor can imagine this is the case. This is because Awaiting Approval said that INS did not realize that he is going to apply I-485. Don't fear at all. I am just trying to guess on a reason for this transfer. Looks like we are looking at a very special & unfortunate case here.
Peace

letsgetit,
what you said is probable. It might raise some doubts and may be a cause for transfer. I just did not think along these lines. Only time will tell....

If you choose CP option in your I-140 then it will go to NVC. NVC center in turn send it consulates when it receives approval of I-824.

Later if you file I-485 CIS has to get it back NVC. This was told by my attorney.