Can you apply for expedited passport in Post Office?

ravi74

Registered Users (C)
Can you apply for the expedited passport in the post office if you r travelling within 14 days?

also i'm confused with this "within 14 days" phrase, meaning in case you r travelling within 7 days (which falls within 14 days) , you can get the passport even quicker?

Thanks for your input on this.

"Within 14 days" phrase is used for same day passport service, which is available in a select few cities....by appointment only...
http://travel.state.gov/passport/about/npic/npic_898.html

That is misleading. I went to the Chicago Passport Agency last week and I was under 14 days before travel. I was flat out refused service because they only service people who need to travel within 72 hours. When I told them that the website says otherwise, she just looked at me and said: "I don't care what the website says."

That is misleading. I went to the Chicago Passport Agency last week and I was under 14 days before travel. I was flat out refused service because they only service people who need to travel within 72 hours. When I told them that the website says otherwise, she just looked at me and said: "I don't care what the website says."
Did u use expedited service at the post office ? From your signature, it seems to have taken longer than 3 weeks.

Did u use expedited service at the post office ? From your signature, it seems to have taken longer than 3 weeks.

I did not. At the time, processing time was 2-3 weeks so I didn't think it was worth it. My trip wouldn't be in 1+ months anyway. Boy was I wrong...

I saw some of the members here applied through post office as expedited service and got the passport within around 10 days. So do you still need to show your ticket/itenary (travelling within 14 days) to post office if you r applying for expedited passport?

In this case what is the maximum number days take for them? Is it guaranteed to take less than 14 days?

What if you show them a ticket travelling within 9 days?

This sounds very confusing to me.

I saw some of the members here applied through post office as expedited service and got the passport within around 10 days. So do you still need to show your ticket/itenary (travelling within 14 days) to post office if you r applying for expedited passport?

In this case what is the maximum number days take for them? Is it guaranteed to take less than 14 days?

What if you show them a ticket travelling within 9 days?

This sounds very confusing to me.
No. Anyone can apply for expedited, if he is willing to pay an additional 60 $

So looks like I do not need to show any ticket or itenery to post office other than paying some extra fee to apply for expedited passport.

Did you schedule an appointment beforehand or did you just walk in?

http://travel.state.gov/passport/fri/schedule/schedule_852.html

Also, you mentioned your trip was within 14 days, but in a later post you mentioned travel was more than 1+ month out. Did you reschedule your travel date?