Can you apply for a RTD if you have renewed your NP?

anybody can advice plz..?
i renewed my NP and hav RP in handy too.last time i trveled to COP and used NP.now am planning to travel soon.what should i use NP or RP.what if they ask me where is my NP.?why am using RP now..?

Travel to where?
COP? You better think what r u gonna tell to IO at POE. Traveling twice or more to COP with renewed NP? You're brave man.:D

Good point. No she never renwed it while she was an asylee. She renewed it when she became a PR.

It would seem to me that it is less of an issue then in this case as opposed to if she renewed her passport while she was an asylee. It is a question of interpretation in my opinion....

My I-131 Application for RTD was approved

Hi,

Just an FYI - I renewed my NP a few years ago because I dad was sick and the only way for me to go back and see him is by renewing my NP. Then in Dec '06 I applied for an RTD, and as you know USCIS have a question on the application if I have renewed my NP and my answer was yes and explain it as to why I applied.

My application for an RTD was approved on March 6.

CPA

Can someone answer my question, please?

Can permanent resident as a direct result of asylum status apply for reentry permit versus refugee travel document, provided that he/she doesn't have a national passport? Is it possible to travel with Reentry Permit? If yes, then you would have a travel document for 2 years v. RTD's 1 year.

Can permanent resident as a direct result of asylum status apply for reentry permit versus refugee travel document, provided that he/she doesn't have a national passport? Is it possible to travel with Reentry Permit? If yes, then you would have a travel document for 2 years v. RTD's 1 year.

YEs you can get a RP and travel with it. I am doing it in March. Its valid for 2years. Looks the same and acts the same, it is even visible from inside your jacket pocket...

Last edited by a moderator:
YEs you can get a Pr and travel with it. I am doing it in March. Its valid for 2years. Looks the same and acts the same, it is even visible from inside your jacket pocket...
Thank you.
One more question: Is it possible to expedite the processing without any documents to prove the urgency of the situation?

Depends. What is your urgency? It has to be valid.

It is to attend a wedding ceremony. Unfortunately, there is no wedding invitation to confirm that. Would it be enough to tell them about it or is it necessary to get the invitation to include with the request to expedite the processing?

It is to attend a wedding ceremony. Unfortunately, there is no wedding invitation to confirm that. Would it be enough to tell them about it or is it necessary to get the invitation to include with the request to expedite the processing?

You have to give them some reason to expedite it..

Well, I have a reason. My question was about backing it up with some sort of docuiment, like wedding invitation.

Well ask for invitation for the wedding you are attending? It shouldn't be hard to get if there is a wedding right? Do you have a GC?

Well ask for invitation for the wedding you are attending? It shouldn't be hard to get if there is a wedding right? Do you have a GC?

This is for a friend of mine. And, yes she has a GC. I already told her to ask for the invitation. However, the wedding is in May, so she wants to file on-line now, and if she doesn't get her RP by the end of April, which she most likely won't, then she would send a letter with the invitation and ask for expediting the process. I don't now if that would work though...
Thanks

This is for a friend of mine. And, yes she has a GC. I already told her to ask for the invitation. However, the wedding is in May, so she wants to file on-line now, and if she doesn't get her RP by the end of April, which she most likely won't, then she would send a letter with the invitation and ask for expediting the process. I don't now if that would work though...
Thanks

tell her she can travel with her NP...