Can wife join later after CP

Joe C

Registered Users (C)
Please put your inputs on wife joining later after the CP interview. Do they need to come together?If wife wants to come on a later date what is the procedure? Please help.

You can very well specify that while filling out the form DS230 Part - 1..

If she is to come later, you need to specify her name under "Persons named in 14 & 19 who will follow you to US at a later date".

In that case after the CP interview the consulate will issue the relevant papers to you and your wife in seperate envelopes, so that she can join you later.

Already mentioned

You might have already mentioned in your DS-230 Part-I that you both will be traveling back together. Based on that I think you have to travel together. Not sure whether you can make a request at this point for different travel dates. Please check with your attorney.

No Title

I have mentioned to join together. Is there any one who has done like this in DS-230 but was able to change in the consulate pls share your thoughts.

same boat

joe,

i have the same questions, i put it together in the ds230 form, but
mu wife wants to come back on a different date. i sent my lawyer
an email, i\'ll keep you posted when i hear from her.

jafo

My lawyer (FDBL) told me to talk to consulate at interview time

DS230-I indicates travelling together but we are planning on returning seperately.

lawyers response

dude,
my lawyer said that as long i travel before her, it does\'nt matter.
she can enter anytime after i do or with me.. she said not to change any forms etc....
jafo

Separate packets

I don\'t think its related to what you mention in DS230-I, since they issue separate packets to Primary applicant and dependents in the consulate irrespective of what you fill in DS-230 form. DS230 has that item so that visa fees can be paid at different times for Primary applicant and dependents who may be out side US.

i also mentioned to join together. Did not say anything during the interview.

But later we both came separately. We both had separate envelopes. And there is a stamp on the top/coverpage of the envelop which says something like " Following to join...." If that stamp is there then you are good to go.

Guys remember an important point ....

she needs to travel within 6 months from her visa date .... if she had the interview and visa with you then she has to enter the US within 6 months of that ....