Can we volunteer/work at INS during Week end

Vishnu Mahadev

Registered Users (C)
Our friend Venkataramu1 saw job openings at INs for 20 K,

My comments:

I am dead SERIOUS.

One does not need to be a CITIZEN or even a green card holder to work for INS.

Once we obtain theEAD or iEAD , we can go and work for INS.
Some may work on voluntary basis , some may work on hourly basis and some may eventually play a major role in getting things back in order.

Yes agree with Venkataramu1 that if INS is offering 20K salaries in Bay Area , we can get only high school dipolma holders for our paperwork.

This is unacceptable. Guys here is our turn, we can MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
We can legally work at INS, the only challenge is how to convince INS commissioner to allow people work during week ends.

If we apply enough pressure, then we can get this done.
CIA, FBI, 9-11, Hospitals, Malls, Grocery stores, Night Clubs everything works during week ends.

If we apply enough pressure, INs can get around 1000 to 5000 additional workers with higher IQ than (most) of their regular staff.
Imagine people who know the importance of the process working on it for 1 year and passing on the torch.

This will solve all the delay problems.

President Bush has approved 500 Million Dollars budget for speedy INS, so $$ won\'t be an issue.
If $$ is a problem curently then we can work as volunteers ( FREE). In any way, it is WIN-WIN for INS and all of us.

What say you my friends.

-Vishnu Mahadev

No Title

Vishnu,
now that you got your approval, can you throw some light (may be R & D) on the priority dates getting retrogressed. With enough visa numbers made available this should not be the case.
Year quota
1997-99 130 (65*2)
1999 115
2000 195
Total 440
Approval, rejection, laid off not applied category
Net 300

orissa -> what\'s going on in your mind.

Orissa, If you would be in my company , one thing I never would ask you to do is to write Product Specifications.

Your question sounds serious enough but it just confuses hell out of me.
1] why are you thinking negtive about PD retrogressing without any evidence.
2] With this analogy, one may also start diging his/her own grave thinking that he/she may meet with an accident on way to work.
3] You gave us the numbers for H1 for last 5 years all right, how do you expect anybody to tell you what will happen to them if
"Imaginary retrogression" happens any time. The data is insufficient. We have no data
a)as how many of h1 people actually filed for Gc, not everybody does so.
b) How many are still in this country, in current recession many have gone back to pavillion.
c) How many Visa numbers are available for all the countries and
d) Countrywise distribution of the people waiting in GC line.

Soon, you will ask me to marry INS commissioner\'s daughter and find out all these details.
Why would I put my own married life in jeopardy for your baseless fears of retrogression.
Moral of the story, look up, be fearless and stay positive.

Good workers are needed all over the glovbe, if not USA then Australia or UK or Singapore or Banglore.

Take it easy now.

Vishnu - You are super

First of all, in pricipal I liked your premise that many of us can work in INS to expedite our own processing.
If we may not work and approve our own cases then we can work and expedite many other similar cases.
there is much potential in this theory.
US is all about immigrants making history.
Chinese workers made railroad possible in this country.
Now Indian, Chinese, Irish , Rusian workers have made Internet superhighway possible for this country.
Why can\'t we do the same for making INs efficient by working there.
It is possible.
It is doable.

Nobody believed before s.2045 got approved for H1 portability and so on.
United we stand and can make a history.
I singapore, any government related job is done in one day on the web, we can get INs to same stage if we work together.
I remember films like Antz and Bug\'s life, you are acting like a true leader here while many others prefer to be passive bystanders.

Hats off to you.
I have sent you private message as to how I can help you with this.

Vishnu the mighty man of 485 thread

I couldn\'t stop laughing my belly out on your reply to orissa\'s question.

Vishnu Bhagwan you show tremendous sense of humor blended with high level intelligence.

regarding your request of working for INS , I am in.
Let us know if you learnt anything from Shailesh Gada or daga from isn.org

I find it hard to believe that we will get such permission to work for ISN on week ends but there is no harm in trying it out.
If it happens, you have created a history and we will be proud part of it.

Thanks for being there. you make this board an enjoyable place all the times.

Poll

Can we make a poll on this site for Vishnu\'s question.

Everybody vote if they are in or out.

I AM "IN".

This could be very useful exercise.
If we have a critical mass of 100 people, We can do something.

At least, we can put some pressure on INS

I am IN...

Hi Vishnu

Please count me in, in this wonderful job. BTW, appreciate your sense of humour.

Tamizhan

It\'s a good idea....

but just to check on the 20K salary I found out they have $55,000 - $98,000 salary range for adjudicators/IIO\'s.....So it\'s not some high school drop-outs/diploma holders approving our cases.......May be that 20K salary is for some clerical work(sorting mails/data entry etc.) which is like any office having clerical/data entry positions....You don\'t need high IQ professionals for that job.......

Don\'t think I\'m being a spoilsport in this form which I never intend to as I always welcome any constructive ideas to speed up our approval times.....So as for voluteering job you can count me in....

I\'m kind of professional on immigration. Give me the job if it\'s worth $80,000 per year

I bet it\'ll be easier than an engineer\'s job, with secure job, great benefits and nice bosses who have never been pushy :) So I\'ll do that for just $80,000!