Can we have 2 H1 visas?

Redbuddy

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I work for a non-profit organization. I am on H1 Visa from last 2 years. The H1 is not counted for the 65K quota because it is a non-profit organization. Can I apply for a new H-1 from a different company for 2 years? Can I start working for new company anytime I want or should I start using the new H-1 as soon as I receive it? Please help!
My exact question is can we hold 2 H1 visas at any given time and decide when to move to a different company at our will? Or does the old H1 is no longer valid when you get the new H-1?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you may hold two (or more) H1B visas at the same time. You may apply for a new H1B and start working for the new company as soon as you receive the notice of receipt. All H1Bs will continue to be valid until they expire or until the employer in question asks the appropriate department to cancel the H1B that employer sponsored you for.

What is the maximum number of H1B Visas a person can hold?

Hi,
I already have 2 H1B Visas, but m ight need to change to another different employer. Could anyone please let me know what is teh maximum number of H1B Visa's i can hold?
Thanks in advance
Gaa

Non Profit Organization - H1 Cap?

Are schools..which come under non-profit organization subject to H1 Cap? My cousin got an offer as a teacher in one of the schools and they want to employ ASAP. Does she need to wait for the quota to open?

Gaa said:
Hi,
I already have 2 H1B Visas, but m ight need to change to another different employer. Could anyone please let me know what is teh maximum number of H1B Visa's i can hold?
Thanks in advance
Gaa
There is no maximum.