Can we go to Canada to get H1B (renewal) visa

amit76

Hi Guys,

Can one go to Canada to get an H1B visa. My visa expired in October 2003 and I have an appointment at the U.S. Embassy in Toronto in December 2004. Has anyone experienced or has heard anybody getting denied in Canada for an H1B Visa (renewal).

Thanks

No, I got my H1 visa renewed in Nov, there is no pb.
Have your current emp. letter, recent 2-3 paystubs, approved H1, passport photos and that will do.

First time Stamp

Hi guys,

What about if it was a first time stamp question? Are they giving any problems to people who are getting their first H1B visa stamps?

Thanks in advance to all

I don't think so, since i could see lot of smiling faces coming out - cann't say for sure, since mine was a 7th yr. extension stamping.

I an under H1b went to Canada for stamping and was denied. If I were you, dont take the risk. They will just say that you need to go to your country of birth and process the papers from that location.

Hope this helps.

It happened 5 years ago in BC, Canada, when I got my working permit and was applying for working visa.

amit76 said:
Hi Guys,

Can one go to Canada to get an H1B visa. My visa expired in October 2003 and I have an appointment at the U.S. Embassy in Toronto in December 2004. Has anyone experienced or has heard anybody getting denied in Canada for an H1B Visa (renewal).

Thanks

Hello

I have my visa stamp this may16 2005 from halifax,Ca. I heard that toronto and montreal center are creating many problems for stamping but not in halifax .. If you havent made any appointments make it in halifax One of my friend went for the same reason last week and he got his visa stamp too .
Rest is all up to you .
Best of luck in your visa stamping .

if you have any doubts call the emabssy .they charge u for the call but u can ask anything and can also make apointments with them .

tc

Provide details

can you provide details as to the documents you took for the H1 revalidation stamping ?
/S