Can we go for stamping any day earlier??

Advitiya

Registered Users (C)
We recvd the approval notification just now(AD 26NOV03), on which they have mentioned wednesday, but can we go earlier ? like saturday?

Thanks.

What is your district office?.....Mondays and Tuesdays are not advisable for 485 stamping ( Usually over crowded).....Check if the local Office is open on Saturday.. Application support centers may be open on Saturdays and the district office may not be...

I donot have an answer for u. But I would like to ask u a question and hope u can anwer me. MY case was approved 20 days ago. Since my case was a transfer case. I had to go through interview during which I had my index FP done and submitted new photos. MY approval letter says "you will receive cards in 6 months by mail. if you wish to get a temp GC stamp, u must go to local office on weds from 8 - 12".
My question for u is: does your letter have the same message? does it specially say that you have to go stamping in order to get physical GC card?
thanks in adv

Originally posted by Advitiya
Newark NJ

Search for stamping and Newark. I remember somebody mention that Newark is particular about Wed and does not allow stamping on any other day ( I fail to understand what is so special about Wed though).....

Chakmur, Thanks.

GCneedhelp, Yes, Our notification also talks of fp wed 8-12 etc.
My understanding is that the stamping on the Passport is particularly useful if you intend to travel outside of USA before you recieved your actual Alien Registration Card (GC).

thanks, Advitiya,
My understanding is for a regular approval stampig and index FP is required to get a physical card, because index FP will be needed to appear on card, not just for traval aboard.
Advitiya, Can you pls post the exact wording on your approval letter? for some reason, I donot want to go samping if it not necessary. That is why I am eager to find out if I need to go stamping or not
thanks again

I would not recommend it

Unless you have a very good reason to stamp the PP earlier, I would not recommend going any day other then Wednesday. Go as you are scheduled to.

Re: I would not recommend it

Originally posted by RD1001
Unless you have a very good reason to stamp the PP earlier, I would not recommend going any day other then Wednesday. Go as you are scheduled to.

Thanks RD1001.