Can we get married when he is here on a visitor\'s visa?

Shashi R Rao

My fiancee is visiting the US from India. We have decided to get married here. What do we need to do? I am a US Citizen. Is there going to be a problem? Are there any papers that need to be filed by me? Please help if you can ..... Thank you .....

No Title

no there is no problem for your spouse
he has to under go the physical exam test and sign the court papers

of course he gets a conditional GC after you file for it

and yes during the marriage his visa has to be valid

deportaton

hi,my name is carol i have permanent residency here in the state of texas,i am currently applying for my citizenship but have a very urgent question,my boyfriend was deported about five years ago for a cituation he got into and his visa card had expired we have two kids and had also planned on getting married in the near future but since his deportation things has shifted,my question is upon becoming a citizen is there any way that i can file for him to return to thew states is there such thing as a second chance?please help i really need to know what i can do to help him to be with his kids. thanks

No Title

carol, can you give more information about his case (crime, actual amount he spent in jail, etc):
with the recent supreme court rulings, he may have a chance to ge back his residency !!

No Title

Shashi,

If he can enter the country legally (he should not mention "fiance" or anything other than "vacation") then you can get married, during the period of his legal stay (usually 90 days) and file forms I-130 and various others to get his GC. The process is described at www.shusterman.com under "marriage."

Technically, it\'s immigration fraud if it\'s planned in advance, so I cannot advise you to do it, but it worked for me and for others I know. (I got my citizenship yesterday, nearly five years after my marriage to a US citizen).

John