Can we do both...CP and AOS?

myHeadHurts

Hi,

My date is current and am wondering if I can do both Consular Processing (mumbai) and apply for Adjustment of Status here?

If yes, is there any special form I need to file?

If not, any thoughts on how fast is Mumbai doing CP currently?

Thanks in anticipation.

my head still hurts...:)

No Title

Note there has been some clear memos that state that CP & AOS are mutually exclusive. If you file for CP your AOS is considered cancelled. SO if I were you I would\'t do both. Pick which ever is best and stick with it, don\'t be a cat on the wall and left high and dry in the end.

No Title

Incorrect - there is a way to do both provided the consulate accepts Attorney Certified 140 and I believe Mumbai does accept and are quick about it too. If you have already filed for AOS, dont withdraw it file an AC-140 based application to the consulate for IV. The consulate in this case does not have to accept this but many do. Talk to your attorney about it - he will know what I am talking about/.

No Title

Is it possible to get back the interview date after cancelling it once?
My lawyer requested for another interview date in April end(original date was in the begining of the month) and the london consulate cancelled the interview date and has said that they will give anther date in June. I would like to go ahead with the original interview date. Has anybody come across this situation and does anybody know if it is possible to call the consulate and get back the original date. Are the consulate people friendly and flexible?
Information regarding this issue will be most appreciated.