Can We Discuss On This Issue

Ravi Shankar

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
      Can you discuss why VSC is not sending FP to cases with ND between OCt99 and March 00 ? Cases applied after April 00 are getting FP very fast. Has anybody understood why this happens ? Is this something related to the fact that the priority dates went back in April 2000 ?
One thing is sure that IIOs are real jockers, they know nothing and are there to misguide us.
There were some late September 99 ND cases who did not get their FP previously. Did anybody of them get it now (at the time of processing ) as VSC is processing September 99 ND cases.

No Title

We must use ISN.ORg or some lobbying channels. This is ridiculous. I am in the same boat

No Title

In this forum, I read something about the cases within this period might get transferred to INC Local offices for processing. Does this have any correlation to this phenomenon? Fortunately or unfortunately, I fall under this grouping..

No Title

I too read about Oct 99 - Mar 00 cases transferred to local INS. But somebody posted that he asked IIO and the IIO said there is no such thing. Given the fact that IIO\'s don\'t always give exact info, i don\'t know. i am also in the same boat and we should raise this issue. If we call IIO, they are saying FP will be sent when the case is ready to get adjudicated.

any thougths ?

No Title

transferring a case to local INS is the figment of the IIO\'s imagination. It is like a parents telling a kid that they are going to a Doctor\'s Clinic when they are actually going to a Movie. Lobby using ISN, that is the only option

No Title

I hate this long wait. I think this is what is called hieght of frustration

No Title

To me that sonded more logical than transferring the cases to Local INS... Scary enough for NY area people though (I have seen the place)

BK

No Title

Hi Gurus,

I think transferring the cases in period Oct 99 to Mar/Apr 00 to local INS makes sense. Remember that this was the period when all priority dates were current and heaps of cases were filed. If INS does not take help of some other agency to get rid of this chunk, then this would create a permanent backlog. So it is logical to take help of local INS (at least for the cases which are straight forward and can be decided with just formal procedure). Of course , the local INS offices are the lousiest places, mine happens to be the infamous Arlington. I pray God not to transfer my case to that stupid office.

GARAMKUTTA

No Title

I think when the priority dates became current, most of the cases were filed in August 99 and early September 99. Late Sep 99 onwards till the PD went back, the cases which were filed were those who got I-140 approval during that time.

This is my understanding....

No Title

I called my lawyer today. He said they have inquired INS about the issue of FP for ND 10/99 to 03/00 cases, the answer from INS basically is that ND 10/99 filers will get FP once the case is under review of an IIO.