Can we change the employer as soon as we get approval notice and get stampped?????

Rainforest

Registered Users (C)
Once i get approved , can i change my job immediately or wait for some more months with the same company?????

Please give your valuable advice

Rainforest

It won\'t hurt you if you have a similar job, but it may

It won\'t hurt if you have a similar job, but it may be a problem if you plan to apply for citizenship

GC is an offer for a future job.

If you quit as soon as you get approval, then at the time of citizenship, INS can state that you never had an intention to work for that company and you fraudulently got your GC.

soi

logically thinking

if AC21 allows you to change jobs within the same job classification before approval but after 180 days then it shouldn\'t be a problem to change jobs within the same classification after approval.

Re:AC21

According to my attorney, AC21 covers the duration before the GC approval(and after 180 days of RD). It doesnt cover the period after approval. Ofcourse AC21 regualtions are not clear yet. I would agree with que and soi in this matter. Its better to stick with the company for atleast 6months. But my lawyer also told that when applying for citizenship if you can tell(or prove, i dont know how) that you did not intend to change the job at the time of GC approval, then you should be fine.

Good Luck

soi is right here... dont change now

While AC-21 will protect you if you are fired, dont assume the same after approval and if you make the change yourself. If you are fired, you anyway have no choice and so try to find a job in the same category. However, if that is not the case, I would forsee trouble during the citizenship process. So the best option is to hold put for a period of 6 months to a year.

180 days rule ceases to exist after approval

Leaving immediately after approval -> not good (serious repercussions, employer might get the GC cancelled or GC can be revoked by INS during citizenship process)

Staying with employer for sometime (6 month is safe) -> good

I think you are free to change job after I485 is filed after 180 days.

AC21 specifically dictates whether you can change job or not.
AC21 is to allow(or encourage) people get a better position for themselves if GC is not approved after 180 days passed since submitting the I485. Thus the country(U.S.) can get the most out of the workers. So, the common sense here is - changing job can help U.S. develop better. It is a mutul beneficial thing, and I don\'t think they should question you when you get to the citizenship application stage.

No problem in changing Jobs

Many of my friends got their GC approved and changed their jobs within a month\'s time and got Citizienship too. I don\'t think any problem with changing jobs as long as the employer goes and make complaints to INS. Most of the employers they don\'t do because their reputation with INS will change. Because you have to tell the valid reason why the particular employee left. Normally big companies they don\'t care. Only small companies will threaten you saying that your gc will get cancelled. The real problem is, people joining in the companies, where there are people asap got the GC & leaving, that they wouldn\'t sponsor for the future candidates because they had enough with the sponsored candidates.

How to Stamp PP in Phoenix

Adayar,

Could you share your experience of stamp pp in Phoenix. I just received approval letter today. I saw post in Feb. regarding the stamp in Phoenix, talking about arived at INS at 5:00am to get appointment at 11:eek:oam. Is that still the case? By the Way, what is the address?

Thanks!

Tanja2

please give a reply

Hi Soi,

I would miss a permenant job offer if i stay with my employer for 6 months after getting my GC approved. Is it really required for an Individual to stay for 6 months after GC approval.

Thanks
Rainforest

PP stamping in Phoenix

The address is right there on your approval notice. The INS office is on Central Ave. North of the downtown and beyond the Library. I think the block number is 20XX N. If you are really desparate to get the stamp the same day then you will have to go really early like 4:00 am. Frankly I do not understand why one would want to put him/herself thru this. The best way is to go at 7:00 and stand in line for an appt. for about only an hour and get the appointment for a couple of weeks later. On the day of appt you have to come only 15 mins prior to ur appt. Don\'t torture your self by going at 4:00 am , the PP stamp is not going to run away anywhere.