Can u change from CP to AOS after I140 apporval

Tanmoy Sarkar

Rcvd my I140 approval (2months) in EB1 status and about to send the I485 when realized from the approval notice that my lawyer indicated for a CP. She is not there with the co now. This was never my intention and I did not have any knowledge reg all these. I have my H1 valid for 1.5 years + 3yrs with extension. What do I do now to change to AOS from CP since my children are studying here.Please help. Do you think the papers have already been sent to consulate? I think a packet also came in my name about 2.5 months back and my lawyer asked to ignore it saying ..\'it comes by default..\'
Please help
With Regards

No Title

I had the same problem, I didn\'t even that my I-140 approval notice says that it approved for CP until we filed I-485. My lawyer sent me a note that it will be OK to apply for AOS. I haven\'t Get my RD and ND for for I-485. Sent to INS on 10/26/00.

What are you deatils?

No Title

Please pardon my ignorance but what is RD and ND. My details are as follows. My I140 was approved in August. I took 2 months to prepare for I485 papers then it was sent in Oct. But it came back because the check amount was wrong. On further check, I found that my I40 application was meant for CP. I have prepared and sent my I485 papers to (vermont ) as per my lawyer a wk back. When I checked with NVC, they told me my papers have already been sent to Bombay 8 wks back. So my papers now in INS and my file is in Bmbay. Mine is an EB1 case.

I am not sure what is going on and how to put everything into the right track. Please help.
Regards

No Title

My I140 got approved for CP. I dont\' want to do CP and never
asked for it. I am going to talk to lawyer to see if it
can be changed to AOS