Can the Employer revoke the Green card

Needbestwishes

Registered Users (C)
hi guys,

I got gc stamped last week, the weather is little rough between me and my employer. Is ther any way they can revoke my GC. My 485 notice date is 02/2000.

Thanks in advance for help...

I don\'t think so

I don\'t think they can do it anyway try to keep good relationship or cool

No Title

I don\'t think they can revoke ur green card. The INS can. And they can send a notice to INS that they are not offering the job to u anymore.

The wise thing to do is play it safe.

What I meant

what I meant was, can the employer take an action so that INS can revoke GC. As per your posting, it is possible that, still employer has control over our GC.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, but not for ever

The employer can make ateempts to get your GC revoked by complaining to the INS. But this control is not forever - only for the first 3 - 6 months.

No Title

I will suggest sit with ur employer and sort the issues amicably. This is the best solution.

If this can not be done and things have gone beyond that then try to get as much information about ur company / employer also. He may have done so many things wrong . Tell him

“ JINKE GHAR SHESHE KEY HAO, VOO DUSRA PAR PHATHAR NAHI VENKA KARTE ‘’

Good Luck

Dont listen to bulshit.

There is no such period that employer can revoke green card etc. Basically they cant if they try to do that you have get a good lawyer and sue work for that. According to new laws after six months after applying green card employee has no bonds to employer. This is what I understood from all the web sites so they will not do anything unless they are rally stupid

No Title

No they caNNOT. Esp. after the AC21 , INS won\'t listen to your employer as long as you are working somewhere... so if you quit join somewhere else immly.,.. donot become a public charge (i.e draw Un-employment insurance)... All the best....

No Title

I wonder what law you guys quote from when you talk of 3-6 months. Can someone point to a specific provision in the Immigration Act or AC21 or any law that says so? Really, what you need is a good lawyer and don\'t let any employer intimidate you, especially after you have already got your GC. Get a good lawyer and prepare for them if the situation becomes unbearable. I don\'t believe they can do anything to you.

Thanks for the info

One of my colleague (from the same cheap consultingcompany) got his GC and he wanted to join his client permenantly. But our consuling company has threatened to revoke GC thru INS. I am also closer to the same boat, I just want get some information as a ground work.

Thaks to you all folks for sharing info.

No Title

Needbestwishes,

I remember our cases were very similar. I am
EB2, India, ND: 02/09/00, FP: 03/17/01, wife\'s second FP: 04/16/01.
Still waiting. Can you please share the info, when your case got assigned to
an officer? How long did it take after that?

Thanks

No Title

What the @#$bleep@#$ is wrong with people? Un-employment insurance is NOT public dole. It is what you and I PAID for while employed.
How can taking what you paid for consitute public charge?????

vsp,

Actually my wife called on July 25 th and was told that our file was on rack, not even assigned to an officer. The IIO also said that she will reactivate the file (I do not know what she meant). Our case was approved on July 27th. So I do not know what went at INS, but I guess the call might have helped or I sent a letter thry local congress man\'s office, that could also have helped.

No Title

I do not believe that the employer can do any thing. There are no grounds for revoking your green card accept if you left the company, still you will a very strong reason for leaving i.e. mistreatment.

No Title

What about AC 21 ? can we use the new law in the same way as we can to find new employent after 180 days of filing 485 ?

How can the employer complain to INS after getting the GC while he can not complain after 180 days of filing 485..?