Can stamp (Giving photos and FP) be done in diffferent office

kingAnil007

Registered Users (C)
Hi Gang,

I am back again.

I got second approval letter ( following welcome notice a month ago)
I have pp stamped ( Santa Ana did no ask for photos or FP perhaps due
to the fact it was Welcome notice)
Received second letter asking me to go to LA

Can stamp (Giving photos and FP) be done in diffferent office other than
the one mentioned in the approval notice???

Reason: I have already taken appt in Santa Ana in anticipation of this scenario however the notice asks me to go LA.
Anaheim falls under Santa Ana office jurisdiction how can they send me
to LA

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe you can. I don't see any issue. When you meet the officer just mention that your passport is already stamped and you just came here to provide picture+FP as advised by your approval notice.

Yes you can. There are several examples in this forum of folks you have done exactly what you are asking. Obviously it can be specific to each location, but for the most part it looks as though this is not an issue.

GL :)

I'm trying to make an appointment for LA office and after typing the zipcode and selecting the speak to officer option, I get the following:

"At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later."

Have you seen it before ?

wac03-148 said:
I'm trying to make an appointment for LA office and after typing the zipcode and selecting the speak to officer option, I get the following:

"At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later."

Have you seen it before ?

Yes, I had the same experience yesterday... but do not worry. You need to check back later or tomorrow morning. I couldn't make an appointment yesterday, but this morning was OK.

Truska,

Did you make one appointment per person or one for both of you ? Also, when did you get your appointment for ?

Thanks !

Go, Go, King!

kingAnil007 said:
Hi Gang,

I am back again.

I got second approval letter ( following welcome notice a month ago)
I have pp stamped ( Santa Ana did no ask for photos or FP perhaps due
to the fact it was Welcome notice)
Received second letter asking me to go to LA

Can stamp (Giving photos and FP) be done in diffferent office other than
the one mentioned in the approval notice???

Reason: I have already taken appt in Santa Ana in anticipation of this scenario however the notice asks me to go LA.
Anaheim falls under Santa Ana office jurisdiction how can they send me
to LA

Regards

Hi, kingAnil007:

Excuse me for my obvious question since I haven't seen any kind of "approval notice" yet. --- So, on your 1st approval notice, there was absolutely no mention about going for stamping, right?

However, you made an appointment via INFOPASS by typing in your Anaheim zip code, and got an instruction to go to Santa Ana office... I think I would have done the same thing.

Since making an appointment is required for the people in LA area, INFOPASS would be the one to tell you which location to go... I don't think you can make an appointment for LA office as long as you type in Anaheim zip code.

My point is... you don't need to try figure out "logic" in what USCIS is doing. Just go to Santa Ana. And if you could find the same officer you talked to the last time, don't you think you can have an interesting conversation with her?

I look forward to reading your next report. I'm pretty sure that my zip code falls into Santa Ana, too.

Good luck!

WAC-02-227-5****
LC Priority Date: 7/28/98
I-485 RD: 7/8/02
I-485 ND: 7/9/02
2nd FP cleared: 6/12/04

Congrats!!
friend i have a question
we stamped our passport on jully 1, you have mentioned that you updated SSN. i didnt get what we have to do?

Hi anil,

Did you go to Santa Ana without appointment? Did the notice say to go to santa ana? I need stamping and live in OC.. What floor in Santa Ana did you go to? Did yo uline up?Hi,