Can some double check my pkg to CGI-SF

dishoom

Registered Users (C)
This is what I'm sending in my OCI application for myself and my baby. Can someone let me know if it is in order or if this is what CGI-SF is expecting.

I. Self (USC)
------------
Two Forms PartA&B (with photos affixed in each form) + 2 Photo clipped
Self attested copy of Indian PP
Self attested copy of US PP

II. Baby (USC)
-----------
Two Forms PartA&B (with photos affixed in each form) + 2 Photo clipped
Self attested copy of Parent's Indian PP
Self attested copy of US PP
Self attested copy of Birth Certificate

III. Cashier's Check for $550
IV. Self addressed USPS express Mail Envelop with prepaid postage

(in total I would 6 photos for self and 6 for baby, correct?)

thnx

Photos - total of 3 per individual. One pasted to Part A. One pasted to copy of Part A. One clipped/attached. Total 3 photographs.

Photocopies - 2 sets of photocopies per individual.

Make sure you have signed the forms and the baby's thumb prints.

Everything else in your list is fine.

Did you keep an another copy of self-attested parent's indian passport for child? We are applying as a group (self, spouse, child) and am wondering the self-attested indian passport copy we attach as a part of our documents can be used for child as well.

Did you keep an another copy of self-attested parent's indian passport for child? We are applying as a group (self, spouse, child) and am wondering the self-attested indian passport copy we attach as a part of our documents can be used for child as well.

If you are applying as a group, then the self-attested Indian passport photocopy will work for the child as well.

self-attestation?

Folks,

- What is self-attestation? Do i have to sign/date each page of the copies?

- Do i need to send copies of ALL pages of passports?

Thanks

Jolly,
Only the cover pages of passport are to be sent, the pages that contain personal info. All the rules are listed on the consulate website, read it thoroughly before filing to save some time.

In Part B of the application form, line no. 21 asks for

Address of Employer:

First Applicant:

Spouse APplicant:

Minor-1 Applicant:

Are we supposed to fill in the Employer address for all of the applicants? If so, why the minors included? Or Employer address of the first applicant, name of the first, spouse and minor? Its confusing, can someone, who filed recently, clarify?

I put "unemployed" for minor-1 in all copies. Per their website, part-b is supposed to common for the family. The application process is stupid anyways..part-a online and part-b in paper..one link says photos need to be 2"x2"..another place says something else. They can be atleast consistent. I believe there no acknowledgment for the application until a month or so.

Guidelines say "The completed application form (Part A and B) must be submitted in duplicate for *each applicant* to consulate".

If a family of 3 (self, spouse, child) applies, can't we submit just 2 sets of (part A and part B) + 2 copies of pp + 2 copies of birth cert. I do not know what was the meaning of duplicate for "each applicant" which kinda makes it ambiguous and this is not the only place though :)

Here is the list of documents that I am submitting for (self, spouse, child)in SFO:

1. Part A and Part B filled with photos (2 sets).
2. Self attested US PP and Indian PP copies for self, spouse and US pp for child (2 sets).
3. Self attested Birth cert for child ( 2 sets).
4. Cashiers check for $825
5. Extra copy of photo for 3 applicants.

Should this be fine?

I was also so confused with the duplicate, each applicant etc. Seems to make some meaning to me now. I think one set SF consulate keeps here and other set they send it to India. I wish they take a copy or scan and keep it in digital format and send to India. The instructions are not very clear and seem to vary between embassy to embassy.