Can one get the actual Green Card without Passport Stamp???

Roj86

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,
I called 1-800 number today asking about my wife strange LUD messege which change from FP received/Resumed stuff to "Processing for your Alien Registration Card or Green Card has been completed. Your BCIS document will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.". We did not have anyPassport stamp or anything done. I spoke to Rep. named Doral and she told me this is normal for I-485 Employment based. I asked do I need to go to local office to give them photo or I-94 and get stamp. She replied we use your photo that have been submited with the I-485 form. This is normal and your wife will get an actual card in the mail if she do not get it by 60 days, please call again.
In one mind I am prety happy on what I was told but on the otherhand that seems to be too good to be true. Anyway, I am still waiting even I am a primary applicant. Anybody have any input on what I have been told ???

Thanks,
Roj86

My passport was not stamped at interview a year ago, last week I got a letter from senator inquiry that my alien registration card has been ordered after my case was approved about 2 months ago.

Yes.........

I was interviewed at Newark, nj a while ago.

Without stamping, Immigration officer requested additional info. like tax returns, pay stubs, employment letter with current date, I mailed them later that week.

I received Welcome letter followed by actual card.

ImmiInfo

Guys,
Thanks for your input. I hope without interviewing they will issue my wife an actula card. I also saw couples of people in this forum got the same messege in their LUD. Hope USCIS just change the way they approving case to issue the card to bypass the traffic in local office.....Well, I just keep my fingers crossed and wait then.

Thanks again,
Roj86

Roj, is your case approved yet? Also, when did you called them for address change and after how many days did your LUD changed? So your FP1 expired, is it same with your wife? Did she gave fingerprint on 5/22/03? Thanks.

Hello Roj,

Do you believe that the representative you spoke to at the 1-800 no. will be aware of what the meaning of this statement is ?
I am told that these people are just contractors like you would find at application support centers.
So really how much information these people have about the actual case is ambiguous.
Thanks.

GC seeker CA,
Thanks for your input. I think so. I wouldn't hold anything to what I have told. To update about my case. I have just got FP2 today. The notice date is 9/20/04 and schedule for 11/28/04. That's what LUD change 9/20/04 is all about. I don't know what to think anymore but will try to get an early FP in Buffalo, NY. I will keep you guys posted.

Pibo,
Did you get any update on your case? I remember you have call for address change also. Did you get the response to your request message on the website? I am pretty sure that what have triggered me and my wife FP2. But I don't know about my wife completed message. Hope the best for you.

roj, I am really frustrated......my LUD changed yesterday with that weired request mesg.....no change in dependent's mesg or LUD. my LUD changed again today and has the same mesg as yesterday. I do not know what to do. I am waiting for their mail to see what they have sent. Did you get the mail yet?

Pibo,
Yes, I have got the mail today as well as my lawyer. The messege in my LUD still the same (response to your request...stuffs) as of today. My LUD also change twice too. May be you will get FP in the mail tomorrow. Good luck.

roj, my LUD did not change today and do not know what they are sending. Did you get the FP2 mail or the address change confirmation? Did your wife get anything?

Pibo,
I have got 3 mails from USCIS. The first 2 was FP notice for me and my wife scheduled for 11/08/04. The last one is for my address update. Nothing at all for my wife. I will try to get an early FP in Buffalo,NY this Wed. 9/29/04. Will keep you posted, though.

P.S. I saw your FP2 coming up one day after me. Is this after call for address change(I did not recall see your signature with FP2 before) ??

yes roj, This is what I got after address change. I am happy about that. Only thing is that I went for early fingerprinting on satuday 9/25 and they kicked me out :mad:

I went to Buffalo, NY office today trying to get an early FP. I went in the office without any problem with me & my wife infopass appointments. However, we could not have our finger print done. The officer kindly explain that since we came to the office too early he could not take it. It has to be within 30 days in order to be able to take an early FP. Our FP2 scheduled for 11/08/04 so we will try it again in two weeks and will keep you guys posted. I also had an opportunity to speak to another officer at the window about my wife strange message. Her opinion was there might be an error when they put a code in her case. But I still keep my other hope for her. Anyway, her statement of the primary applicant has to be approved before the depedent does did not make sense to me and I know it is not true as I can see from others in this forum. I just would like to share this with you guys.

Roj86 said:
Hello All,
I called 1-800 number today asking about my wife strange LUD messege which change from FP received/Resumed stuff to "Processing for your Alien Registration Card or Green Card has been completed. Your BCIS document will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.". We did not have anyPassport stamp or anything done. I spoke to Rep. named Doral and she told me this is normal for I-485 Employment based. I asked do I need to go to local office to give them photo or I-94 and get stamp. She replied we use your photo that have been submited with the I-485 form. This is normal and your wife will get an actual card in the mail if she do not get it by 60 days, please call again.
In one mind I am prety happy on what I was told but on the otherhand that seems to be too good to be true. Anyway, I am still waiting even I am a primary applicant. Anybody have any input on what I have been told ???

Thanks,
Roj86

Roj86,

Can you please post what happened to your case? Did you got PP stamp or got the cards??

Thanks

Roj86 said:
Magician,
Here is my latest update info.

http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=149638

Roj86

Roj86,

Thanks for info. I have similar case like yours. My case approved and wife's still pending. But I got I-797C form which states "My card will be mailed to me in 3 weeks...etc...etc."....I was not called for PP stamping.

Do you think its a mistake? I tried calling INS they didn't had enough info about this. They asked me to open status enquiry etc (which is again a big loop). Pl. let me know your views if any

Thanks

Hi! Roj86,
Congrats on your approval.
Did you recieve your approval letter via mail. My case was approved on 11/03/04 and I still haven't recieved my approval letter. I had changed my address on 10/22/04, hoping they will send my approval notice to my present address. From this forum some of them had bad experiences when they changed their address before approval and it took a long time to recieve the 485 approval notice.

Please update once you recieve your apprval letter.

Anish

Magician & Anish_GC,
I have received my approval letter today which i will have to go for a stamp. I had scheduled for tomorrow morning and will keep you guys posted. My wife's case still pending (I guess). Even our LUD have changed at the same day. Somehow, I am highly suspected (and hope) that my wife will end up having her card mailed directly to her without stamping. Anyway, I will let you guys know if this is the case.