Can One do a Part Time job for one own\'s company while 485 is in process

greenhopeful

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
  I have a question regarding taking up a part time job. I have my EAD - 1. Can I do another part time job? Does my current employer have to know about it?
2. Can I do the part time job for my own company - S Corp?

Sorry if this is not a valid question in this forum.

No Title

Hi,
I don\'t know about part time job, but, I have done a lot of overtime work for my employer - same day job and same evening job - with different clients. Had an EAD while this happened.
Hope this helps.

No Title

>>>1. Can I do another part time job?
Absolutely

>>>Does my current employer have to know about it?
NO (even legally unless you signed a contract that explicitly says that you have to notify them about other employment like the securities firms..)

>>>2. Can I do the part time job for my own company - S Corp?
Absolutely...

make sure that the sponsor company still employs you and is the primary employer (if 180 days passed, comply with this until regulations are passed)

Bhanu

No Title

Absolutely, you can definitely do provided your sponsoring company does not have any objection and continues the sponsorship.

No Title

HI:
You dont need to tell your employer what you are doing after the forty hours of your work. However if you are going to conflict the interest of your current employment then you may get into legal troubles(This is applicable for everyone whether they have green card or not)

I am not an attorney so this is not a legal opinion.

No Title

Hi greenhopeful,

I am exactly in the same situation. I had 1099 under my EADs without knowledge of my employer. Now I have received RFE for tax returns. Since my attorney is part of my employer, I had to show w-2s and 1099s to them and now they know it. They are delaying my RFE reply for some reason. They are not too thrilled about my 1099. I dont have any contract whatsoever about anything with my sponsoring employer. My RFE was issued on 4/9 and yet to be replied. I am just in a big sooooouuuuuuppp. I hope everything works out to my favor. Please post your developments.

No Title

Another point (guru\'s correct me if I am wrong): you would lose your H status as soon as you start using the EAD.....

No Title

Hi Folks,
  Would you say it is not wise to do another job then on a EAD Card given what beegee is saying?