can not check case status online

niwdiver

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

I filed EB1a on Jan 23, 2006. Got receipt number one wk later. I input my case number but could not check my case status online, an error message says that the case number dosen't exist. So I called USCIS, the guy was nice but was not helpful. He asked me when I filed my I-140, then he said that's the reason, it is too early to check it. I know he is wrong. because all of my friends can check their case status immidiately after receinving their case number. Anybody had similar problem? could you share your experience and opinion? Thank you.

I had the same problem with my I-485 filed in July last year. I called, wrote, even asked the congressman's office to inquire, but none of the efforts turned out to be helpful. No receipt notice (sent after requested from me), no FP appointment. The application is still not available online now. USCIS acknowledges it is their mistake, but could not help correct it, either.

Same here

niwdiver, I have the same RD and ND with you Jan 23, 2006 and I can't find my case status either!!!!
I call USCIS, but the laday can't help. She told me: "if you want to check your status you can call this number".....

niwdiver, sounds like you got some info.. Could you share it with me!

Thanks a lot..

Sorry, no new information can be provided

Hi Erto. A post made by Looserd joked that that's a good sign and would mean approval in a couple of days. That post had been removed shortly after. Sorry for misleading and no further information to share with you. I'd wait for one more week and call CIS again. I promise tol update my case once there is any information on it. Good luck.

Keep Post

niwdiver,
Thanks for your posting. we are in the same boat. I will keep you post as well if I have any new information....
Sounds like our cases do can be found in USCIS internal system, but the online web didn't be feed with the updated database....

Keep post....

I-140 got approved

niwdiver,
Just want you know that my 140 got approved at Feb 15. So don't worry about the USCIS web status checing issue at all. It doens't affect anything. One of my friends even told me that the case status won't show at USCIS web site just becuase it move forward too fast :) .

Anyway, good luck and hope you get it soon

ND: Jan 23, 2006
PD: Feb 15, 2006

congrats.

Congratulations, erto. I wish I had the luck of yours. just called CIS, waited 25 minutes to allow to talk to a representative. Asked me to write to NSC. This guy is damn bad, no matter everything I said, he just repeated his message like an answering machine. sigh. Good luck for your 485.