Can my wife go to local INS for EAD?

november99

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I and my wife applied for I-485, EAD & AP in Feb 16th. Our EAD applications got rejected because of missing signature card. My wife badly in need of EAD since she got good job recently. The situation is our residense address is in OH which comes under Nebraska service center, but our Labor, I-140 cleared from CSC and I-485 is also applied at CSC because our company head office address comes under CSC.

Are we eligible to apply EAD at Cincinatti, OH local INS office (which is in Nebraska service center coverage area) even though our I-485 is applied at CSC?

Please do me a favor of giving your experiances regarding this question.

Thanks,
Anu

No Title

wow You mentioned you applied 485 ,ap and ead on feb 16 ,2001 !! How did you know that your EAD got rejected so fast ???? my lawyer send my papers on feb 8 and I have not received receipts for these !! by the way signature card for EAD is not mandatory !! how come you got rejected on that basis?? i and wife have not provided signature cards!!

No Title

I did not receive receipts. I received only returned EAD applications. Did you send signature card? if so, did you sign and place the print(thumb impression)?

Thanks,
SRAK

No Title

I personally did not do a signature card or a thumb print for the EAD. I didn\'t even know if it was required. Of course, I still haven\'t heard anything about my EAD yet so I don\'t know if that\'s right or wrong, but now I\'m worried!

No Title

ead signature cards are not required !! I have not send mine......and i nor my lawyers have not received 485 receipts .....But I have not heard anything from INS on ead signature card..so i assume no news is good news.....suckers at INS kicked ass ..man you send on feb 16 and they responded so fast !! cant beleive it...

No Title

How could the lawyer be so stupid not to have those sent in with the application? This applies to my lawyer as well.

No Title

I did not submit fingerprints signature card.
I received my EAD. placeholder for fingerprints reads "Fingerprints not available"

No Title

Yes you can get EAD from local INS but I think only after 90 days of filing your 485. I got that for my wife.

gchope

No Title

I think somewhere in the EAD application instruction, it mentions that you can either mail to CSC or go to local INS office for EAD. I went to local office, took a picture and finger print(for ead, only one finger), signed in a small box, and got the card in 1 hour(would be faster, but the officer who took picture is new to his job, and I took 3 pictures util he was satisfied. He said that they have to do a different job 1 month every year. a nice guy). The card is valid for 1 year.

No Title

RAj1555,
When did you get your I-485 receipt? When did you go for EAD? I mean if my get her I-485 receipt tommorrow, can she go for EAD within a week?
Thanks,

No Title

Signature needed FP on 765 card not needed. I have got EAD without FP but with sign.

No Title

my 485 RD/ND is Jan 2001.I went to apply ead last week. I dont know there is a time limit, you can ask ciba or some other knowledgable people in this board.

No Title

In my EAD card I do see the Thumb Print on Right side and
my signature above my Photograph !!

So I guess.. Signature and Thumb print are necessary
for EAD.

No Title

I found my checks were encased from bank, but till now i didn\'t recieve my Reciept No? Normally when do they deposity money?
Thanks,
Anu