Can my wife & son return to the US later, after CP?...

skarekat

Registered Users (C)
My wife and son (US Citizen) are planning to stay back in India for an additional 2 weeks after I return to the US. I\'m the primary applicant for CP. Our interview is on Jan 17, 2002 at Mumbai. I\'m planning to return on Feb 9, 2002. Whereas, they might return on Feb 23, 2002. Has anyone had a similar experience after CP? Could you kindly fill me in with the formalities/implications/problems associated with such a plan? Thanks in advance.

They can come back any time after you enter US before their visas Expire.

I don\'t think you should mention they will follow you in DS-230. That is for following-to-join cases.

Thanks AAAK_2001 and TC...

Is that change in DS 230 Part I item 21b. the only thing that needs to be done? I submitted a DS 230 Part I that was handwritten. I have a photocopy of the same. In order to make that change, do I need to rewrite the entire form again, or can I just make the required changes on that photocopy and sign again and submit it? Let me know. Thanks.

No need to specify in DS230

I had asked during my CP interview in Mumbai for my spouse and son. Though my lawyer had answered . Consultate officer told me no need to write in 21b as long as they are travelling within 6 months window. It is required if it is later than 6 months.

Thanks

Ramesh Jain: Thanks for your response...

I presume both me and my wife will get separate sealed envelopes for presentation at POE. I read somewhere in this forum that if both plan to return together they give only one sealed envelope for both. Is this true? I\'m curious to know the dimensions of this sealed envelope. Is it letter size or standard envelope size (size 10)?

No need to specify on DS 230

Each applicant will get one envelop EACH.
Derivative beneficiary\'s Visa will say some thing (stamped on top)to the effect of
If they are following you after a week/month etc then you do not need to specify in 230,
In cases when the family follows the Primary beneficiary after he has arrived in US and settled.. which might take over six months only then you specify in 230

Patta Hara: Thanks for the info. Does that mean I do not need to take any action from my side...

for my wife to follow later (after 2 weeks)? If not, that would be nice.

No Title

absolutely no need to do anything from ur side... the immigrant visa issued by the consulate states the following at the top corner:

valid only accompanying or follow to join spouse/father/mother (with two of the relationships crossed out)..

i guess you have to ensure they do not cross out `follow to join\' part.. they did not, in my case