Can my husband and I each file one I485 Ap and EAD application before Oct.1st?

chiron

Registered Users (C)
Such a terrible news from CIS!

Praise to GOD! I sent out my I140 and our 485 with AP and EAD at the end of July.

Considerring this fearsome event and my case is realively weak, we are planning to file another concurrent I140/I485 peition before Oct. 1st.

I know my husband's I140 petition will not affect my I140. But how about his I485, AP and EAD peition with my name on? Will his 485 petition affect my petition on July?

Please! Could some expert answer my question? Basically, could we file multiple 485, AP and EAD petition for one people with different attached I140s? Taking the current situation.

chiron said:
Please! Could some expert answer my question? Basically, could we file multiple 485, AP and EAD petition for one people with different attached I140s? Taking the current situation.

As far as i know any person can file only ONE I-485 application.

I also heard that only ONE 485 could be filed for one person, no matter
how many 140's the one is filing/has filed.

When I was filling my EB1 and NIW ...i had discussed thiscin a thread here asking same query and got response of not allowed to file two I-485.

so i went ahead with EB1-OR petition concurrent and independent NIW.

Chiron's query is whether they both can file separately as there primary beneficiary are going to be different. ...but then its clear rule that one person can file only one adjustment of stutus application. if they have already done so ...i beleive they cannot do it again.....yes true!!! they can file as many I-140.....................

thank you nato and eb1doc for your kind reply! I guess that I could send two I485 sets in, but do you think it will mess up all the applications? Like I will wait forever to get one 485 approved. Did you know any of this examples?