• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Can mail sent to KCC for correction of mistakes on DS-230 forms lead to disqualification?

lee_chung

CN:2010AS00010XXX
China

I sent mail KCC for correction of mistakes that i made on my already sent DS-230 forms some few months ago.Although the correction of mistake is all about my parent data.

Here are the mistakes:

1.i wrote my mother's marital name instead of maiden name,so later i discovered that it was "mother's family name at birth" they requested for.

2.Also,there was typograghicall error on my both "mom" & "dad" date of birth made by typist.

So when i discovered the mistake,i sent mail to KCC to correct the mistakes
So i want to confirm whether this correction of the mistakes can pose "any problem or negative effect" on me during my interview at the embassy for me to secure my visa.

Don't worry guy it is not effect your application. But you need to make sure that KCC already made a correction in your forms before your case become current. Even so you need to print your email that you sent to KCC and the reply email that KCC sent to you. You can show it as a proof to consular if they ask about that.

ok

Don't worry guy it is not effect your application. But you need to make sure that KCC already made a correction in your forms before your case become current. Even so you need to print your email that you sent to KCC and the reply email that KCC sent to you. You can show it as a proof to consular if they ask about that.

Thanks,i'll do as you advice.

Please house, more contribution..........

CN:2010AS00010XXX
China

I sent mail KCC for correction of mistakes that i made on my already sent DS-230 forms some few months ago.Although the correction of mistake is all about my parent data.

Here are the mistakes:

1.i wrote my mother's marital name instead of maiden name,so later i discovered that it was "mother's family name at birth" they requested for.

2.Also,there was typograghicall error on my both "mom" & "dad" date of birth made by typist.

So when i discovered the mistake,i sent mail to KCC to correct the mistakes
So i want to confirm whether this correction of the mistakes can pose "any problem or negative effect" on me during my interview at the embassy for me to secure my visa.

Alternatively, you can send another completed form to KCC and attach a letter explaining that there was a mistake in your first forms and that you want to replace it. Also don't forget to explain the mistakes on the letter.

Sending email to KCC will also serve the same purpose. Don't panic about this, you are on the right path.

Dear ...
Shall I email to KCC for the following ???

1. to correct answer for Q29 of DS230.
my answer was "DV2010 program".
i think it should be "Name of winner of DV"
2. to change my permanent address???

to "KCCDV@state.gov"

thanks a lot

Should not be an issue. I also did a mistake filling out DS-230 Q-29 and called KCC and they said That's not an issue still if I want I can download the forms and send to KCC.

I read this post and realised I had done exactly the same thing (i.e. I gave my mother's family name at MY birth, not her family name at HER birth). My interview has already been scheduled so I contacted the consulate instead of KCC. They told me it was no problem. When reviewing my forms they had noticed I had probably made this mistake and had just made a note in my file to check the correct name during the interview. Nothing to worry about.

Do you know if there will be a problem because I filled in the online forms from their website instead the ones send by post?
There is a difference between forms on numerotation. However the content is the same.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know if there will a problem because I filled in the online forms from their website instead the ones send by post?
There is a difference between forms on numerotation. However the content is the same.

Thanks

You don't have any problem. Some former winners used the same and they are in the US right now. Both handwritten and typed forms are acceptable.

You don't have any problem. Some former winners used the same and they are in the US right now. Both handwritten and typed forms are acceptable.

Great. Thanks a lot.
I was afraid that the way how they counting the fields matters...